Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

June

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

I'm posting this early since poor Syra has been picking up my slack lately :P And she has a new baby!!!

What is everyone planning on in June? Any prayer requests? Any news or announcements? Please share!

In ICXC NIKA!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KamiLynn
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM

And Off we go!

June is crazy busy for us. And Happy Ascention Day to you all!

Let see...where to begin. Well, I'm Brianna's room parent and we are planning the schoo's end of year picnic for next week, her end of year class party, and a father's day breakfast next week.

Brianna has her dress rehersal on Sat. and her dance recital on Sunday immediately after church!

Her last day of soccer is this Saturday too...

We are having a going-away BBQ at our house for THREE dear families from church that are all moving this summer - including Sophia's Godparents :( SO sad!!! Lots of kids are coming over for that so its cleaning and preping time!

After B completed preschool, we are going on vacation to NC for a week at the beach to relax.

Finally, B has her first summer day camp at a local ballet studio with a princess theme :)

Oh, and Matthew started to crawl and pull himself up on things so I'm constantly surveying the floor for things he can eat.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lauren486
by Member on Jun. 3, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Sounds like a very eventful month!

We actually don't have a lot going on this month.  DD is in preschool and other activities until late July, so we will be going about our normal routine.  DH has a trip back home (to St. Louis) in the middle of June, and he has extended it a few days to be able to visit with friends and family, including being in town for a good friends' wedding.  The girls and I went home in March for my brothers wedding, and DH couldn't make it then, so I am very happy for him that he will have this time.  However, we will of course miss him here.  

Last week (the 29th of May), we were robbed.  They came during the night, took our GPS and DH's wallet (cash, credit cards, id's), and our car keys from the house, then went outside and rummaged through both cars.  This all happened while we were sleeping upstairs.  I am of course upset about the loss of our possessions, but that can all be replaced. Now we are dealing with the lost sense of safety, paranoia, and dealing with replacing all that was lost. I have no car to drive until we are able to get replacement keys programmed. This is proving a challenge as I have a very American car that the Brits will not work with.  Please pray for us as we continue to recover from the burglary and that the burglars will be caught.  

KamiLynn
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Oh no! I'm so sorry!!!!! My neighbor just had her car broken into and the robbers pretty much took her entire life too :( We will pray that everything works out and you get your key ASAP! I could not imagine.

Quoting Lauren486:

Sounds like a very eventful month!

We actually don't have a lot going on this month.  DD is in preschool and other activities until late July, so we will be going about our normal routine.  DH has a trip back home (to St. Louis) in the middle of June, and he has extended it a few days to be able to visit with friends and family, including being in town for a good friends' wedding.  The girls and I went home in March for my brothers wedding, and DH couldn't make it then, so I am very happy for him that he will have this time.  However, we will of course miss him here.  

Last week (the 29th of May), we were robbed.  They came during the night, took our GPS and DH's wallet (cash, credit cards, id's), and our car keys from the house, then went outside and rummaged through both cars.  This all happened while we were sleeping upstairs.  I am of course upset about the loss of our possessions, but that can all be replaced. Now we are dealing with the lost sense of safety, paranoia, and dealing with replacing all that was lost. I have no car to drive until we are able to get replacement keys programmed. This is proving a challenge as I have a very American car that the Brits will not work with.  Please pray for us as we continue to recover from the burglary and that the burglars will be caught.  

Syra3.14159
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Oh how horrible about the burglary!

My mom went to visit one of my sisters for the next few weeks.  She had another fall the morning of her flight, but didn't break anything.  She has a caregiver 13 hours a week and that is working out very well for me.

I have one more week of homeschooling for the year.  I hope we stay on task this week.  I'm looking forward to summer vacation more than the kids I think.  We've ended Russian lessons and might just stay down to piano for the summer though I may put the oldest three in swimming.

We have a houseguest coming for most of the month and then at the end of the month my husband will be flying to India for three weeks.  I sure will miss him, but I"m planning on taking all five kids to a friend's house in Washington.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)