Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Im so confused.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

My goal some day is to have my own photograhpy business, but I think I jumped into the middle of photography, and should have started at the beginning.  I am so confused on so many details.  Where do you recommend I learn more about photography inthe correct order?

I hope this makes since.

Thanks

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pixelchick
by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM

check out www.proudphotography.com It's $99 and you have one year to complete. I am on the last lesson. You send in pictures for assignments and the critique is great. They break it down in sections. It's definately worth the money.

pixelchicks_photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Threescoops
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I started with a Photography 101 class from Indiana Wesleyan (in 1998). Night classes offered. From there me and my husband just had fun taking pictures and getting better. After that I landed a photography assistant job with a wedding photographer (in 2007). Followed him around, asked questions, watched what he was doing. I learned the most that way. It's hands on. I learn best that way. I still email him or call him when I am having trouble getting something right. Granted I still have some confusion moments, but a refer to my photography books when needed and I go to www.photo.net often. They have a beginner forum where you can ask questions and get great pointers, among their other great forums. My other step was to learn photoshop well. Again lots of books and several years later, I started my business this year finally. www.goldenimagesphotography.smugmug.com  And I found that learning about lighting and composition has been key to my images becoming more professional. Good luck and keep at it, You will get there. L

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)