Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back drops

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 203 Total Views
Any ideas for making your own backdrops for pictures? I'm just starting my own business, and I will be doing it out of my home, and I was just wanting to save as much money as possible. I'm on  a really TIGHT budget for the time being.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Imortlmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Bed sheets tend to work out and are cheap (bed in a bag I found was cloud print).  Or Walmart if they have the fabric department in your area...the clearance part tends to have good deals.  Others prefer outside backgrounds...if you have trees or flowers...grassy areas...props and lighting are other factors, but bedsheets, towels, carpeting...seem to work too.  Hope this helps.
sunnymom3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:20 PM
Well, you could use sheets or buy some material at a fabric store. You could also find cool props at places like thrift shops & Goodwill.

Shannon!

Mommy to Mackenzie, Colin, and Grace.

tallmomof2boys
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:39 PM
I bought twin size flat sheets , black , white and I also purchased black / white and burgandy sheet panels in the curtain section at walmart ... you have to iron them all - but I hang the sheet up - then a sheer over it and it looks great - you can hang burgandy sheer over black sheet or white sheet for different effects ... hope this helps!
Chick
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:53 PM
Seamless photo paper is good, but it's $40 for a huge roll that will eventually have to be replaced, you just cut it when it gets dirty. I have black, but I do so many kids and it's hard to keep them from getting it filthy and wrinkling it up during pictures so I don't think I will get it again, would be perfect just for adults and other still objects. I am not gonna use black velvet, it cost me $20 at Joannas. i have used black and white sheets but to me, they didn't look near as good as my seamless photo paper, and white, I found out today really is a nightmare no matter what it is. On ebay you can get cheap muslins for $20-60, of course more for the better ones. I got my white one for $30 and its 9x12. I really want the kind they use at picture peope, but I dont know what they are called, you can wipe them clean and roll them up and should last a long time, i am sure they are very expensive. Using fabric is als o  a pain with toddlers if they are wild like mine, she wont stay still and I can't keep the sheet from being bundled up and looking awful, the photo paper is quite a bit better than that.

Visit my website at http://brandilacey.phanfare.com/2007

DarlaP
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:52 AM
I've heard that linoleum works great.  You can buy some cheap clearance stuff and paint the back side whatever color you want.  I haven't tried it yet but I think that you can get some remnant pieces pretty cheaply.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)