Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now one about lighting.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 166 Total Views
Everyone was so helpful with the other post I put up I thought I'd put up another one about lighting. I have light stands but no professional lights. Any ideas on a good way to light indoor pics. I do great outside but of course you have natural light to work with.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Imortlmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:51 PM
Clamp lights?  My BIL found one at a hardware store for his iguana and I saw how bright it was...it actually works...you just have to change the certain bulbs for wattage I think.  Sometimes, a thin fabric over the light fixture can change the mood of a photo...just watch for fire hazards too....
tallmomof2boys
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:52 PM
I bought a few of those clamp desk lights and put those reveal bulbs in them!

Chick
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:46 PM
I bought a Smith Victot 1250 watt 3 light kit for $300, but they have them cheaper than that too. This one came with umbrellas and a nice carry case.  I am the same way, I do way better outside pics. I just got my lighting two weeks ago and am having a hard time with it but still ,my pics have improved a lot.

Visit my website at http://brandilacey.phanfare.com/2007

snapbaby
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:44 PM
WONDERFUL! I will have to check that out. I can use it till I make enough money to get a light kit like Laci was talking about. Thank all of you so much. It's so nice to be surrounded by helpful people.
marleysmama
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 3:14 PM
The other thing you could try is to buy a flash that fits on your camera(even if it already has a pop up flash) that can be tilted straight upwards.  This way you are reflecting the light off of the ceiling and not creating the the same harsh lighting that a flash produces.  This too can be found on Ken Rockwell's site.  It wouldn't be ideal for professional portraits but it is something to consider for day to day indoor photos. 

Come take a peek: www.marleysmama.etsy.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)