Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated!! Can't do any pictures!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 302 Total Views
I'm soo upset because I cn't do any of my photos right now!!!  My computer is not doing well, it's very sick!!! lol!!  I'm running out of room on it and it won't let me do them on it.  I've been using my sister's computer, but my usb cable for my camera went missing and there's no way to put a memory card in her laptop!!!  The only way i can do them is by going to my parent's house!!  And they don't have any photo editing programs and I don't know if they would let me download one!  I NEED A NEW COMPUTER!! But i don't have the money for one!!! Sorry to complain!

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bengalsfamily
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:42 PM

Quoting luckiestgirl:

What is your virtual memory set at & what is the max?

Have you done a disk clean & defragment lately?

Lastly, can you take some of the pictures off by saving them onto disk???

Computers are such a pain sometimes!
no clue, lol, but it won't even let me save on disc anymore!!!  I put it in and it says no disc. and i bought some really nice ones and made sure they were all clean

chubbycheeks147
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Try burning them onto a cd,then delete them out of you're computer when done. See if that will give you anymore..
photoaddict
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Oh, I feel for you......  I have just had my computer since March and would probably have to throw a tantrum if I couldn't play with my pictures.  I still have a 35mm camera, however, but am wanting a digital, but have that $$$$$$ problem, too.  I hope that you get it figured out. I have to have my sons and other local  teens help me with my computer........

Barb
Bengalsfamily
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 6:26 PM
thank you, i will try all of that!
Quoting luckiestgirl:

Virtual memory....
This may be different on your computer but this is how you find it on mine....
Click start, Control Panel, Performance & Maintenence (I am in the Catagory view), click System, Click Advanced tab, In the first box it will say performance - click Settings, click advanced tab, visual memory box is way at the bottom, what does your Initial & maximum sizes say.  I am a student photographer & take TONS of pictures with an 8.2 mp camera.  So I take a lot of "space" on the computer.  I had my computer built by my computer man & he made my maximum setting to be 2304 & what I am working with (my Initial) setting right now is 1600.  I am working just fine with this right now....

If you need any more help let me know. 

Raeann11
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 6:31 PM
I have started useing flash drive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)