Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

photo props

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 763 Total Views
I have my sons picture taken once a month, portraits for family and display.
Every single month we choose a cute "set" with props.
We've had a bathtub pic, my fav blankie pic, sand and sun pic, in the garden pic, in a suitcase, etc etc. Anyone have any other ideas... Im running out... for his 8 mo old picture??
examples...
in the garden...

in a suitcase...

favorite blankie...

sand and sun...

bathtub...

my little chef...

there are so many themes for girls, but I cant think of anything for this time. Help!
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imortlmommy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:10 PM
Beach Chair from Target???  Use a similar beach theme, but have him sitting in the chair with sunglasses.  *Shrugs*
Suited up, sepia...for an old fashioned picture...maybe with a toddler seat, standing holding the back of the chair...

Sorry, I'm having the same problem with my 13 mo old's pics....latest pic, I had him trying to take a bite of an apple.
Bengalsfamily
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:17 PM
what about cars? tricycles? sports? frogs and snails? tractors? the farm? an old swing? in a tire? trains(I have one with my kids on an old train track that doesn't run anymore) That's a few i thought of. Favorite sports team.... here's a link to some of my myspace photos that I took of my boys(i'm just starting out) : http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=64870376&albumId=930055

Josy0721
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:42 PM
I have an adorable pic of my boys in a tree...but he might be too young for that.  How about on a picnic w/the checker blanket,basket etc?  Find a neat gravel/stone or even if you have some beautiful tile floors and take a pic with you sort of over him.  Make what he is sitting on be the background (I saw that in a photography book & have done it myself it looks neat). 
That's all I have unless you take him to a park or something and look around.
For Christmas you can do a "I'm a present pic" or lay him under the tree.  I know I'm not helping w/ the now.  Sorry.
kri84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:54 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE CLASSIC BLACK BACKGROUND NAKIE BUTT AND LOOKING OVER SHOULDER SOOOOO CUTE BEST WITH CHUBBY BABYS
DarlaP
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:56 PM
The safari/jungle theme is pretty popular this year or maybe a little fisherman.
Smoochiemom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM
Heres a couple gender neutral..

MomPhotography
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM
I use this elephant and chair... I save the nice outfits that are picture perfect dress up and halloween outfits for kids. Also certain toys like duckies, fire trucks, police cars, etc... I use for pictures. Also...  different hats.. more dress up hats.. I find some things used or cheap by looking around and shopping alot.
Hope this helps.

photomommy81
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:24 AM

i did these of my son myself.. for his calender

Jan

Feb

march

April (i need to do something.. i just threw it together)

May

june

July

burch731
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:28 AM
Put him on a black background naked & have him lie with his upper body lying on a mirror where when you take the picture you get his naked booty & him looking at his refelction --- I have one like this of my son & it is adorable!!!

kri84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:40 AM

Quoting photomommy81:

i did these of my son myself.. for his calender

Jan

Feb

march

April (i need to do something.. i just threw it together)

May

june

July

These are so cute SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
cute!    like what the heck hahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)