• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My very first maternity shoot - cc please

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

I really could not be more happy with the way these all turned out.  I have never had a photography class nor do I really understand the camera.  I have to edit most of the photos to get the colors right but editing is the fun part for me - I figure as long as I get the good pose/shot I can always go back and edit later.  I loved taking maternity photos, pregnant women are so beautiful andshe was no exception.  This is her first baby, she is about 33 weeks in these photos.  I hope to find more pregnant women to take pictures of soon!

Do you like taking photos - join my group & Show off your Pictures!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BEAUTIFUL4
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM

great poses but your lighting seems a little to brite try to tone it down a little in photoshop or lightroom or what ever you have. But i truely like the poses.

www.skmlphotography.com

www.memoriesofalifetimephotographystudio.com

bamaangel
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 11:50 AM

These are very good. The only one that I'm not real big on is the one of her looking around the corner. To me, it looks like she got cut off in the picture. But that's just me. Other than that, these are great pictures.

Proud Mommy baby boyto Michael Jr. and Wifey in love  to Michael Sr.

bre77
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM

The first thing I see is skin tone it's very red, color correct or make sure you monitor is calibrated. Also your whited are blown out, try to recover detail if you can to correct this.

I am not big on shooting straight onto any sugject. This is very unflattering to their figure, also change it up, shoot from a higher position or lower or try angled. Remeber the power of three when it comes to the position of what you want the of eye of whos looking at the portrait. Where do you want to draw their attention, if it's their belly the power of three is in play.

You did really well for your first time. The connection you had with the mommy is priceless and I love the peeking behind the door, The key is to keep shooting improve your editing and keep going. You will get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)