Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CAMERAS

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:44 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 279 Total Views

I would like your opinions on what is a real good digital camera that is not real expensive.  I would like to upgrade in the future and was wanting some suggestions.  I want to really get into photography but cannot afford to go crazy at this time.

by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kelliemom
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 4:23 PM

My first digital was a sony cyber shot, the one I have is only 4.1 mega-pixels. You can get one with better rez now cheap. I still pull mine out and use it some times for quick shots, I have really loved it. I have a nikon D200 now and it's totally awesome, I still haven't learned everything about it yet, there are so many different configurations. Here is a pic my daughter took with the sony, she is entering it in her 4-H photo contest tomorrow, and it printed great as an 8x10.
jacobsmommie
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 5:34 PM
I have a Kodak EasyShare 5.0MP now.  It takes pretty good pics outside.  I hate the delay it has after the flash before the photo is snapped.  It always catches my son with his eyes closed or half closed.  I have not yet tried to enlarge any on a professional printer so I don't know how it'll come out.  I am so far behind on photos.  I take them but they sit on my computer.  I keep thinking he'll be graduated before I get started.  I haven't even started his scrapbook yet and he is 15 months old.  Thanks for the information and if you have any other tips...let me know.

Kim Taunton
TLC Independent Consultant

Click here to add to your scrapbooking happiness!!

www.topline-creations.com/kimtaunton

PaitynsMama2206
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:02 PM

I bought my own birthday present recently and i wanted to get a really good dependable camera. And just so happened I found a really good one for a really good price. I jsut went to BESTBUY.com and found a

Kodak easy Share 7.1mp. And it was $224.00 and it was shipped to me within like 5days. And i ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE it!

It takes this good of pictures..

love.my.girlies
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:07 PM
I have a Samsung Digimax A7 and I am having alot of problems with it, I would not recomend a Samsung! My dad and sister both have Kodak Easyshares and I don't care for them much either But mine is a 7 mega pix so the quality is alot better than their Kodaks which are 5 mega pix. I've been looking into the Canon Powershot 8 mega pix for myself but have not purchased yet. One of my sisters is looking into a Casio that seemed really nice. Good luck on your search!
ladydeann
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:21 PM
I have a canon digital rebel xt
I love it...I love canon

Its pricey though...just under $700.00 at walmart with one lens.

It was my birthday/xmas gift from hubby since he got a nice bonus from work this year!

Before this one I hada Fulji film S3100..it works great....I just wanted something more
mugsymann
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 9:05 AM
I'm a portrait photographer and I started out with a Sony DSC-H2.  It has 6 MP and takes some great shots!  With a 1GB memory card and everything, it was around $500.00.  I currently use a Canon Digital Rebel Xti for all my pro work.  It has 10.1 MP but the body and one lens cost over $1100. 
parnellapril
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:18 AM
I have two camera that I love. One is the Kodak P712. It is 7.1 mp, 12x zoom and is about $400.00 on walmart.com

The other is a Nikon D40. It is 6.1 mp, able to change lens and is about $700.00.

love.my.girlies
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 3:12 AM
Just wanted to show you some pics from the cameras i told you bout earlier.
This is from the Kodak easyshare 5 mega pix:

these are from the Samsung:

and these are one that shows some of the recent trouble i've been having with the camera:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)