Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant belly pics, really could use some help

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

I want to do pictures of my sister who is six months pregnant. She has a good belly bump but I have no clue how to get good shots. I have tried to look online but all I get is talking about poses. What I need is good visual examples of poses I can do with her. I am trying to get her to show some skin but she doesnt want to and I am not going to make her. She also is very concerned about looking fat.
What I am asking for here is a few examples, visual, of poses that would be good for her. I have added one picture I did for her but like I said I have never photographed prego women before so I dont know what I am doing in this one. PLease help me?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DiannaGN
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Posing is VERY important, and so is lighting!

The picture you posted, you are shooting UP at her, and that makes her lower half look larger... and for someone of her size, she would want her lower half to look smaller.  So shoot down at her.  You're also shooting her belly against a dark background.  What's the first thing you see in that picture? her arm! but you want to emphasize her belly.  So have her put on a different color top.  Lighting is also important.  Dramatic lighting can emphasize the belly but make her trouble spots disappear.

Dianna, mom in NE Columbus to Maylie (5), Greg (3), and Vivi (7/19/07).
I'm a photographer! http://www.dgnphoto.net
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)