Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CC on my studio portraits please!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

I am really working hard on improving my studio portraits.  I know I need strobe lights but can only afford the continuous lights for now.  I am using my speedlite flash attached to my camera and then have to adjust the colors when editing because of the different lighting.  What do you think?  I really want to have as good of portraits indoors as I do outdoors, so any criticism would be helpful.

Thank you so much,

Heather

http://www.heatherhoadleyphotography.com

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
3girlsihave
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Looks good to me.

DiannaGN
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM

The lighting is very harsh in all of them, not to mention underexposed.

If you can't get a softbox or an umbrella, get a $30 white reflector, and bounce your flash into it.

Dianna, mom in NE Columbus to Maylie (5), Greg (3), and Vivi (7/19/07).
I'm a photographer! http://www.dgnphoto.net
jezsgranny
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I think 4 and 6 are adorable (not that the rest aren't). I checked out the rest of your flickr shots and got some great idea's from them.. You do good work! You do tend to go a little darker with your editing, but with most of them..I think it works, and if the clients like them.....

As for your 'lighting'..have you changed your regular bulbs in this room (lamps that might be on during shooting) to white or daylight bulbs? Some of the regular bulbs give off a yellow tint, that drives me crazy. I just changed all the bulbs to daylight, so it won't matter which lights are on when my umbrella's or monolight is on. And I don't have a "Studio" that doesn't double as some other room either.

lonelysahm
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Thank you for the tips.  Do you know the name and style of the bulbs you get?  I think the ones I have in my lamps are all the "reveal" lights, because I hate the yellowish tint even when not photographing.   Thanks again for taking the time to look at my photos and comment on them. 

BellahMom
by Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 11:18 PM

They are all a bit darker than I would prefer but I love them and the second is my fav!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)