Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any one else??....

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 246 Total Views
Does anyone else get sick of being a fire wife? I miss my husband when he is gone for 24 hrs at a time and then comes home to work another job to support our family. You would think that firemen would get payed enough that they wouldn't have to have a second or sometime a third job. Sorry, ladies i am venting...overall i love that my husband is a fireman, but i still get frustrated!!

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JoeMama
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 5:29 AM
I know what you mean. My hubby is a paramedic, but his department doesn't use paramedics. (The mayor of the city owns the ambulance company!) So hubby has to work another job so that he can keep his paramedic license! It is very frustrating, if you ever need someone to talk to... Let me know!

ali21405
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2008 at 7:52 AM

WELL AS OF RIGHT NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN....YET. WE LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN SO OUR FIRE COMPANY IS ONLY VOLUNTEER BUT MY HUBBY WANTS TO MOVE INTO A BIG CITY WHERE HE CAN GET PAID TO BE A FIREMAN. I DONT LIKE IT NOW WHEN HE IS GONE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME DOING THINGS I DONT KNOW HOW IT WILL BE WHEN WE FINALLY DO MOVE TO A BIG CITY AND HE IS GONE LIKE UR HUBBY.

Firewfe1
by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 7:07 PM

i know what you mean i sometimes get so sick of him being gone even though i am very proud of him. he's a fulltime FF he also works for a taskforce and he works all the fairs hockey games some concerts. and we have  a home repair buiss. so he's gone alot. lol anyway if he's not working he's hunting, playing golf or something don't get me wrong we do things together but dang sometimes i wish he would stay home. but i knew what i was getting into when i married him so i'm used to it. just sometimes in a blue moon it does bother me for a couple of mins. but then i think of all the good that he does and he knows we are ok and that i can take care of the boys and the house and most anything that comes up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)