Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself and tell us what state you are in

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM
  • 56 Replies
  • 2055 Total Views
I'm dina. I live in Centre County PA with my three kids and my husband. Zack was dx'd severe ASD a year ago at 22 months. He is currently getting OT,ST and DT 2 hours a week each and has 30 hours of Verbal Behavior, a form of ABA.
I created the momsversusautism.org website to help parents find resources and answers for our area. As I became more involved with cafemom I realized that more people all over the country needed more resources and I have been inspired by thousands of parents to join the fight against autism - its causes and its therapies.
dina/admin
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melony2
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2007 at 9:28 PM

Hello, I am Melony. I live in New Hampshire with my two little boys, Eric and Ryan. Eric is five, he was diagnosed with autism at three years old. He attends an integrated preschool four full days per week, and has a one on one aide certified in ABA. We LOVE her! He also receives speech and OT at school as well. Ryan is two, he was diagnosed with autism at 18 months. He is in Early Intervention and receives ABA four hours per week and speech therapy one hour per week.
I am looking forward to meeting everyone!
Melony
bellamomma
by Group Owner on Apr. 26, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Bless you! 2 kids on the spectrum! I hope that you have a good support system helping you at home! If not, this place will be a second home to you :) Thats why we are here!
Dina/coadmin
Cin0516
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2007 at 3:26 PM
Hi! I am Cindy and my little PDD guy is Harris.  We live in Huntersville, NC- just outside of Charlotte.  He will be 3 in August- so we are just in the "transition" period from the birth to 3 program to the school district.  Harris currently gets OT/ST 1x each/wk (privately) and 7 to 10 hours parent one-on-one.  We are looking into an ABA program, bio-med testing and the GF/CF diet, along with private alternatives to the school district spec ed program.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
KenziesMom905
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:04 AM
       Hello Ladies, my name is Teresa and I'm the proud momma of two great kids.  My son, Stevie will be 8 in May and he's just wonderful.  My daughter, Mackenzie is a very active 3 year old and was diagnosed with epilepsy in June 2005 and then autism in February 2007.  She definitely keeps me busy..  She goes to school as a walk-in for her therapy four times per week, her preschool teacher comes to our home two times per week and we go for ST, PT and OT privately two days per week...  I'm really searching for an ABA program for her and I would really like to talk with someone who has knowledge in that area.  Hope to chat with you all soon!!  Good Luck!!   Teresa
KenziesMom905
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:09 AM
           Hey Ladies, it's Teresa again..  In all of my babbling before I forgot the whole point of the post.  What state are you in?  Anyway, we are from Dana, Kentucky where there is basically no resources for special needs children.  If someone else knows something I don't please let me know!!  Thanks again!
momof4gr8tkids
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2007 at 5:41 AM
Hi, I'm Tammy and I live in Owensboro,KY with my hubby and 4 kids. My little boy Aaron will be 4 in May. He was diagnosed at 2 1/2 with autism. He is non-verbal but, we do think he will talk. He gets OT 2 times a week. At home and at pre-school. He gets speech 3 times a week. 1x at school. 2x a week at home. He is such a sweetie. My other 3 are fine. I have an aba program I just ordered and will be starting that soon. He loves computers. I can't believe him. He is very smart. He can operate anything with a plug on it. He cracks me up. He doesn't play with his baby sis yet but, she'll get him. He is my buddy.
Melony2
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2007 at 8:24 AM

Quoting bellamomma:

Bless you! 2 kids on the spectrum! I hope that you have a good support system helping you at home! If not, this place will be a second home to you :) Thats why we are here!
Dina/coadmin
Thank you, Dina. I do have a good support system at home. My parents live right down the road and help me a lot with the boys. They have a wonderful relationship with their grandparents! I also am in a local support group, we meet twice a month and get together for play dates quite a bit. I love my older son's school and his aide. I also have this wonderful group where I have found lots of support, so thank you very much!
Melony
mommadawn
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2007 at 9:53 AM
Hello my name is Dawn and i am a very proud momma of 4 wonderful kids in Buffalo NY. Andre' just turned 13, Charity just turned 10, Synthia is 9 and CHarlie is 3 and half and was just diagnosed officially with PDD. Am still learning the processes to help me help him and his  siblings.
tamsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Hi. My name is Marti and I have two beautiful girls...a 12 year old typical pre-teen and a 2 yr old hf autistic angel. We live in Tucson, AZ. I'm very excited and into this site! Our angel was dx'd in Feb and so far the only info we get is through other moms and hard searching. Her case manager tries but I've learned not to rely on her...she knows less about available resources then we do..lol. So I'm really hoping everyone here jumps in and adds away...anything and everything they think might help another mom. I can't do much for all the other kids out there, but maybe through this site we all can help each other.
CajunDad
by on May. 1, 2007 at 11:54 AM
Hi Im Tony, Have a 8 yr Austistic son. In Austin Texas Area
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN