Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself and tell us what state you are in

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm dina. I live in Centre County PA with my three kids and my husband. Zack was dx'd severe ASD a year ago at 22 months. He is currently getting OT,ST and DT 2 hours a week each and has 30 hours of Verbal Behavior, a form of ABA.
I created the momsversusautism.org website to help parents find resources and answers for our area. As I became more involved with cafemom I realized that more people all over the country needed more resources and I have been inspired by thousands of parents to join the fight against autism - its causes and its therapies.
dina/admin
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 8:30 PM
Replies (51-56):
cattworld
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Ashley and I'm from good old Wyoming. I have 2 beautiful boys name Trenten and Treycen. Trenten is 20 months old and Treycen is 9 months old. I am completely new to everything dealing with ASDs because Trenten was diagnosed with PDD only a month ago. The doctors are planning on doing further testing with him to determine the severity of his autism and get a more accurate diagnosis. So far he has DT once a week for an hour and we are just waiting on the ST and OT to schedule a time to meet with us. After they do that, we will be more than likely having ST and OT at least once a week for an hour. He is also on melatonin at night which has helped tremendously. I honestly don't think his autism is very severe and I believe it can be helped so we are looking into everything we can to help him. If anyone has any suggestions on what we should do, please let me know. Thanks and have a Great Day!

ZaMaJoMom
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2007 at 1:26 PM
Hi!  I'm in Minnesota.
I have 3 boys: 7,10,& 13. 
The youngest, J, wasn't dx with Asperger's til 4.7 yrs old, largely due to an uninformed ped. 
The older 2 are mostly NT, but with some traits of ADHD (10 y.o.) and Asp. (13 y.o.).  Just not enough for a dx for either!!!

J. is in a regular 2nd grade classroom with a FT aide who is wonderful! 
He also has ST 2x/wk at school, and used to go to private ST & OT right after dx, til the school was able to meet his needs.

I've been a member of the AAPA Group since it started and it was the first and now the only online community of any sort in which I am involved.

Our whole crazy story is in my journals. 
I'm so grateful to CafeMom and all my friends from AAPA!!!

~LIsa
Jannelle1401
by on Oct. 24, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jannelle. I live in Maui Hawaii. I have two beautiful boys. Christian Joshua/14 yrs old, and Jaden Jaime 22months. Jaden has PDD and Sensory Integration Disorder, he's also in the middle of other testing for a more accurate dx. Unfortunately, we have no family out here,(We are originally from Boston). Sometimes, I fear we may have to move somewhere with better services, we will face that when the time comes though. For now, One day at a time,lol. Right now I have started Jaden on the gfcf diet w/ supplements. It has been two weeks, and we have already noticed improvements. I look forward to hearing and learning from all of you, and hopefully building some friendships. These are my boys!

Aloha,

Jannelle

angel822
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Hi! my name is angel I have 3 children chris he's 20 almost 21, angelique she is 11 almost 12 and dewayne he is 8 almost 9 there b'days are 18 day apart from start to finsh. dewayne is autistic . He was dx on oct 16. Oh and i live in pearl mississippi.
lachula20
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM
hey im jenn. Im 20 years old and I live in NY..I have a wonderfull daughter almost 4 who was diagnosed w/ mild to moderate autism recently..I also have a baby boy who is almost 3 months old..I dont know anything about autism soo i hope i can find helpfull advise to help my daughter overcome some of the autism and speech problems she has
triciatidmore
by on Mar. 1, 2008 at 6:57 AM
Hi I'm Tricia radical unschooling grammy/mama to Elijah who is 12 dx'd 7 months ago as HFA and his NTbrother Isaiah who is 7.We live in Alabama and I have found no services for him.It's great to have found this group.Thanks for having me I look forward to meeting yall.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN