Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Famous People with Disabilities

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 412 Total Views

Thought I would share an interesting experience with my daughter recently. We are trying to help her realize that although she has ADHD and Aspergers Syndrome and is taking medications for it she can still control her actions to a point on her own. One of her favorite shows is Extreme Makeover Home Edition. We were watching it one night and I told her that I had heard that Ty Pennington the host of the show has ADHD and is a spokesperson for ADHD. I showed her how he can be wild and crazy ADHD but can pull it back and control himself as well. I couldn't believe how excited she got knowing someone popular and famous had her same condition. It got me started looking online for famous people with Aspergers. Most of the links I found had deceased persons who researchers "believe" could have had Aspergers based on a review of their lives and Aspergers traits they exhibited. When I went through this list with her she was just over excited. The list includes famous people from science, politics, artists, philosophers, inventors, actors, writers and even royalty. Having someone who succeeded in life living with the same conditions she has makes it easier for her to see she can aspire to all she wants to be as well. I have a list on my blog that I got from some online resources. As always you can pop over to my blog if you want to read more about this and all I have about Aspergers Syndrome. http://www.aspergerssyndrome.today.com.

by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)