Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Resource for all

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 12:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 880 Total Views
Since joing the Autism/Aspergers group I have been inspired by so many people and want to give back to all of you and help as many moms as I can by giving them a "jumping off" point to get help. I recently created a website called www.momsversusautism.org for just that purpose. I am hoping that here we can all add and contribute our information and use it as a plce to send others who need help. If you have information about your state or county that you think would help another family, send it to me here and we can make it a great transfer of information.

this website is only a supplement to the Autism/Aspergers site and that will be my first home. Think of this as a branch in which we can list resources and advice.
Thanks and I can't wait to get started!
Dina
by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tamsmom
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 2:12 AM
Thank you Dina! Great idea...am off to look at your website now. =)
SherryC
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Ditto!
bellamomma
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Thank you for all of the AWESOME posts this morning! I can't wait to get this off the ground. You really gave us a terrific start! THANK YOU !!!
Dina
dmsfr
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Dina,
You helped me get my group off the ground, let me know what you need.

dawn
KenziesMom905
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Hey, very happy to see someone taking the initiative and stepping up to help all the rest of us who really need you.  Would really love to know if anyone knows of any resources in Eastern Kentucky, I haven't found anything.  Thanks to bellamomma for doing much more than just your part!!
bellamomma
by Group Owner on Apr. 22, 2007 at 3:24 AM

Quoting KenziesMom905:

Hey, very happy to see someone taking the initiative and stepping up to help all the rest of us who really need you.  Would really love to know if anyone knows of any resources in Eastern Kentucky, I haven't found anything.  Thanks to bellamomma for doing much more than just your part!!

check this link  http://autismlink.com/locations/view/18
Also if you are on this website and not too far from West Viginia check them out. I know that a lot of angencies are county based so you may not be able to use another states resources...give me a little more on what you are looking for and I'll do my best!
Dina/Admin
KenziesMom905
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2007 at 9:22 PM
Hey, thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out!!  Just to give an idea of what I'm looking for-- Mostly I'm trying to find anything in our area pertaining to ABA, behavioral therapy or the TEACCH program.  We're pretty much in the middle of nowhere and resources are few and far between. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)