Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know how to make the Arabic pickles?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 1899 Total Views

I know DH likes the pickles his mom sends here, they are salty and have garlic in them, but they are small. Can I do this with regular cucumbers?
I have over 30 cucumbers from the garden in the last 2 days! I amd making some Dill and sweet pickles and want to know if anyone knows how to make the other pickles and will it work out with regular cucmbers instead of small!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
isra1986
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Well, I asked DH, he was clueless but told me he thinks his mom does it with just vinegar and salt and water. I have seen garlic in them before too so I added a whole clove and 2 sliced cloves to each. I did 2 Arabic and the rest Dill from a packet, lol. I will do more Arabic if these turn out ok! This is the recepe to make 2 jars.

1 cup water
1 cup vinegar
6 garlic cloves, 2 whole, 4 sliced.
3 tbs coarse salt

Boil water, vinegar and salt. Add whole clove to bottom of jar, place whole small cucumbers or sliced cucumbers, add sliced garlic then add water :)

maisah
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Salaam beauty queen... oooo wow shukran for this great recipe....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)