Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 422 Total Views

im making some falafel and I tried the first 5 i made and they where to salty I think i put the salt in twice so I took the rest and added some more chickpeas flour parslet seasoning (except salt lol) and baking powder now they are falling apart in the fryer i dont know why!!!! please help if you can i gotta get these done! there for someone and im out of chick peas is there something else i should be adding idk

by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Avrille
by Member on Sep. 15, 2010 at 12:22 PM

you doubled on baking powder? that's your culprit. you could try extra potato starch or corn starch or tapioca starch or maybe an egg to glue the dough together, but it might not work still because your baking powder has already done it all. start over with a new mix tomorrow.

I LOVE YOU MORE 

"Stars don't die. They change into a smile."

- Michael Jackson.

staci328
by Member on Sep. 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM

oh well I made them like 3 times in  the past 2 weeks and everyone keeps asking for more but i guess i should have had my coffee this morning before trying to cook ! i also made hummus an am so happy on how it came out!!! thanks anyways im gonna try the egg and see but i think ur right this batch is bad!

AzIzAzIzA
by Member on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I know this is from awhile ago, but you added more dry ingredients, but there wasnt enough wet to hold them together-thats why it was falling apart.  I knows its late...but im sure your next batches were quite yummy!!

UmmTalal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Next time you use to much salt all you need to do is add lemon juice the acid kills the salt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN