Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dominican Dishes..... Share here !

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 490 Total Views

Insh'Allah I can not wait to see what you cook  sister...!

This will give me some dif insite on what to cook when I do not want to cook Arab dishes... or when I just do not know what to cook....

Don't go through life, Grow through life...

Jewnita Payne #818620 with Young Living Essential Oils (Start Living Today) Ask me how to start your oun business today!

www.youngliving.us www.youngliving.com www.younglivinglatino.com  #818620

Group owner: Treat Him Like the King He Is Young Living Essential Oils (Healing The Natural Way) Arab Cuisine Muslim Moms & Islamic Parenting SADAQA ~ Sisters Helping Sisters Boutique~ Eichold-mertz Elementary Sch CafeMom Group  AND  Group Admin: Black Mommies Married To Arab Men Online party headquarters Islamic Book Club Servants of Allah  Arabic Letters and Numbers

by on Oct. 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_ramli05
by Group Admin on Oct. 19, 2008 at 6:33 PM

YOU ARE SO GOING TO GET IT GIRL    ..........I'M TAKING THIS PERSONAL OK..............LOL LOL LOL

I'LL GET STARTED ON IT AS SOON AS I CAN BUT SINCE HUSBAND IS GONE FOR THE WEEKEND KIDS WILL BE HAPPY WITH HOTDOGS AND FF, LOL LOL LOL

maisah
by Group Owner on Oct. 19, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Quoting a_ramli05:

YOU ARE SO GOING TO GET IT GIRL    ..........I'M TAKING THIS PERSONAL OK..............LOL LOL LOL

I'LL GET STARTED ON IT AS SOON AS I CAN BUT SINCE HUSBAND IS GONE FOR THE WEEKEND KIDS WILL BE HAPPY WITH HOTDOGS AND FF, LOL LOL LOL

That is ok.... when you get time and when he gets back....the thread is here

I know what you mean... when my dh was away, ha I did not cook a thing...

a_ramli05
by Group Admin on Oct. 19, 2008 at 11:39 PM

LOL well I changed the recipe tonight we had salsburry steak (FROZEN) with corn (FROZEN) with baked potatoe (MICROWAVED) the only thing that was missing were the paper plates so I didn't have to clean up LOL LOL LOL

ummu_moussa
by Member on Nov. 19, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Hey, no fair!  This thread was a tease!  I was expecting to see recipes for mangu, dulce de leche, etc.!  LOL!

maisah
by Group Owner on Nov. 19, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Nooooo, She is pregnant and will be posting as soon as she can... We are all looking forward to her delic recipes and pics...

Hold tight she will be in soon I hope

a_ramli05
by Group Admin on Nov. 19, 2008 at 5:43 PM

You got that right ...search thru the posts...I actually have one in here called I'm such a tease..LOL LOL ....you will soon learn dear that I am probably the biggest tease out of everyone here LOL...but I promise as soon as I get a chance I will be posting some Dominican dishes especially for you....but in the meantime enjoy all the other dishes we have here.....right now I'm kind of on an arab kick so I am trying new and different dishes and using hubby here as my personal guinea pig...he's still alive and kicking so I must be doing something right....plus for the next couple of weeks I have to teach a sister over the weekend to cook a few reicpes that she doesn't know how to make..but I will be back and cooking soon inshaa Allah...

Quoting ummu_moussa:

Hey, no fair!  This thread was a tease!  I was expecting to see recipes for mangu, dulce de leche, etc.!  LOL!

ummu_moussa
by Member on Nov. 20, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Awww...that's excusable then! CONGRATS!!  But then again, I'm pregnant too and I'm craving anything made with platanos...LOL!!  And, since it's getting chilly, I could go for a nice sancocho;)  I'm Puerto Rican, so I'm very familiar with Dominican dishes.  I'll be waiting and in the meantime I'll settle for simple fried platano maduro! big smile mini

a_ramli05
by Group Admin on Nov. 20, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Please please please....I'm now getting home sick :( I can remember being a little girl and mom boiling yucca or platanos and mixing them with our eggs....Yummy....congrats on your pregnancy how many does this make for you ....for me it makes 9 ....i'm having another boy inshaa Allah so this makes 7 boys 2 girls....

Quoting ummu_moussa:

Awww...that's excusable then! CONGRATS!!  But then again, I'm pregnant too and I'm craving anything made with platanos...LOL!!  And, since it's getting chilly, I could go for a nice sancocho;)  I'm Puerto Rican, so I very familiar with Dominican dishes.  I'll be waiting and in the meantime I'll settle for simple fried platano maduro! big smile mini

ummu_moussa
by Member on Nov. 24, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Wow, 9!  Mashallah, you are indeed blessed to have such a large beautiful familia!  This will be baby no. 2 for us, inshallah!

ABeautifulQadar
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Pollo Guisado

• 1 whole chicken cut up
  • 2 tbs. canola oil
  • 1 tbs. sugar
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 tbs garlic, minced
  • 10 sprigs cilantro
  • 2tbs. sofrito
  • 2 tbs recaito (both available in frozen section made by Goya)
  • 1 chicken bouillon
  • 1 tsp thyme, oregano and cumin
  • 1/2 pkg. Goya Sazon con Achiote
  • 2 tbs. tomato paste
  1. Heat the oil in a large caldero (aluminum stock pot) over medium high heat. Add the sugar and allow to brown until liquified.
  2. Add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Add 1 cup water.
  3. Add the sofrito, recaito, bouillon cube and spices. Simmer for 10 minutes.
  4. Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and cilantro. Stir and add another 1 cup of water. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
  5. Add the tomato paster, stir, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 additional minutes.

Serve with white rice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)