Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~ Intoduce Yourself Here ~

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 12:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 490 Total Views

Chelley24s Hello

hello!

Add Shortcut Oct. 27, 2008 at 1:55 PM by chelley24 posted to Arab Cuisine 1 Replies 10 Total Views Reply to Post Quote

Hi I am Julie aka Chelley! i worked at a MID-EAST deli yrs ago and learned the Arab cuisine and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! My bosses were from Jordon/Palestine! I love to make it and eat it! My family and I were told about a new heart healthy diet and I started reading it.............. It's the Mediterranean Diet! OMG this is Arabic food.... heart healthy lamb and LOTS of hi-protein beans and legumes! AND LOTS of vegies! So I am back in the kitchen and our family will be eating a lot more Arabic food! BTW I am a chef by trade!

Written by chelley24 on Oct. 27, 2008 at 1:55 PM Send chelley24 a message Report this post

Admin Tools: Delete Post & All Replies Lock Post Sticky Post Replies:

Don't go through life, Grow through life...

Jewnita Payne #818620 with Young Living Essential Oils (Start Living Today) Ask me how to start your oun business today!

www.youngliving.us www.youngliving.com www.younglivinglatino.com  #818620

Group owner: Treat Him Like the King He Is Young Living Essential Oils (Healing The Natural Way) Arab Cuisine Muslim Moms & Islamic Parenting SADAQA ~ Sisters Helping Sisters Boutique~ Eichold-mertz Elementary Sch CafeMom Group  AND  Group Admin: Black Mommies Married To Arab Men Online party headquarters Islamic Book Club Servants of Allah  Arabic Letters and Numbers

by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maisah
by Group Owner on Oct. 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

1-1 of 1 replies by a_ramli05 on Oct. 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Welcome dear, inshaa Allah you will be able to bring us some healthy scrumptious dishes to try for ourselves....Remember except for the army some of us have at home we are amateurs here so be gentle with us LOL.....Looking forward to some great recipe posts from you......again Welcome

maisah
by Group Owner on Oct. 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM

I thought that there was an Intoduce Yourself Here thread but there is not.. I am adding it now. Sorry, For any confussion....

brismamma07
by on Nov. 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Hello!  My great great grandparents were from Turkey, and I am extremely devoted to keeping the Middle East alive in my house hold!  I would love to learn some new recipes and tips for making delicious meals!  I also have started a group for anyone who wants to join!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/memommies

maisah
by Group Owner on Nov. 13, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Welcome brismom... I hope you enjoy the group here, please do share some tasty recipes and pic with us.... I hope you love the dishes here you and your family...

QueenAdeela
by on Nov. 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Welcome!

ShannanAjluni
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 1:56 AM

My name is Shan and I am married to an Arab man... I LOVE eating at his parents house and want to be able to cook for him... SOO... I am a german-amercian lookng to cook for my arab-american (first generation, 100% Palestinian)... PLEASE help me make good dinners for him?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
a_ramli05
by Group Admin on Nov. 26, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Yipeeeeee I have a neighbor......welcome to the group dear.....we are 20 minutes away from one another OMG this is great....Well welcome to the group hope you enjoy it here.....feel free to post your recipes play with the ones we all have tried and posted...ask questions and jump in when ever you want.....we are all learning from one another.......

Quoting ShannanAjluni:

My name is Shan and I am married to an Arab man... I LOVE eating at his parents house and want to be able to cook for him... SOO... I am a german-amercian lookng to cook for my arab-american (first generation, 100% Palestinian)... PLEASE help me make good dinners for him?

QueenAdeela
by on Nov. 27, 2008 at 1:23 AM

WELCOME!!!!   YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT GROUP FOR COOKING FUN!

Quoting ShannanAjluni:

Kyra_Athena
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hello everyone!

My name is Joy and I just love to cook.  I've had the opportunity to dine with a few Arab families in the area and I am astounded by how unknown this cuisine is in the U.S.  It seems very healthy, in general, with lots of grains and vegetables.  While meat is consumed, it seems more balanced than what we often see in the United States.  The desserts are absolutely heavenly!

Peace!

practicingislam
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2009 at 11:13 PM

asalamu alaikum sisters and peace to all our members,

We just wanted to say thank you for joining arab cuisine and we look forward to help from each other..........

Thank you again for joining

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN