Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MeatBall Stew (Arabic name anyone?)

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1178 Total Views

MeatBall Stew

2 med carrots

1/2 stalk of celery

5 potoes

1 lb ground beef

1 can of tomato past

2 cups of water or for more flavore (College Inn Chicken Broth) or Bulloung cube)

Salt / pepper to taste

(****what to add to the ground beef mixture is below)

As you will see below, you will need, 2 med- lrg carrots, 1 celery stalk diced, and 5 potatoes peeled, and quartered... set in some cold water to protect from the air so it will not turn brown...

****Ground Beef.... Place GB in a bowl, add, chopped onions, chopped parsley, chopped green peppers,  season salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, 1 egg (to hold it together) and a few teaspoons bread crumbs.... I aslo added a lil bit of dried mince onions.... mix and form to balls as you see below

Brown and then add the veggies....see the two pics below

Next add your 1 can of tomato past, 2 cups of water, salt and pepper to taste and Chicken broth (or bullion)....Bring to a soft boil and then turn down to a simmer on med lo heat.... it is done when soup is a lil thick and the veggies are tender... about 1 hr in time....or 1 1/2 in time with soft boil... you want soft boil for you do not want the veggies to break up nor the meatballs

Server with Yellow rice, salad if you choose, and pita bread....

Enjoy!

Don't go through life, Grow through life...

Jewnita Payne #818620 with Young Living Essential Oils (Start Living Today) Ask me how to start your oun business today!

www.youngliving.us www.youngliving.com www.younglivinglatino.com  #818620

Group owner: Treat Him Like the King He Is Young Living Essential Oils (Healing The Natural Way) Arab Cuisine Muslim Moms & Islamic Parenting SADAQA ~ Sisters Helping Sisters Boutique~ Eichold-mertz Elementary Sch CafeMom Group  AND  Group Admin: Black Mommies Married To Arab Men Online party headquarters Islamic Book Club Servants of Allah  Arabic Letters and Numbers

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
QueenAdeela
by on Dec. 23, 2008 at 6:26 PM

I am on my way to dinner!

farah123
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM
damn thats good, its kafetaa in arabic
maisah
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2009 at 1:14 AM

I know it is Kefta that i what the meat is called but I thought that the dish would be called something else

MIA0223
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I have this simmering right now :)
I can say I must have done something wrong with the meat because the meatballs fell apart! I think I didn't chop the onions and peppers small enough!
I will post after it's done. Mine is more of a ground beef stew instead of meatbals, lol!

Avrille
by Member on Sep. 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

very cute meat balls!

I wonder which Arab country this stew would be from?

in Lebanon, there's a dish called kafta bi banadoura, which is meat balls or more like meat fingers... backed in the oven on a layer of sliced potatoes and covered with sliced tomatoes. they do not do it as a stew there.  

erin7420
by on Sep. 19, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Looks sooo yummmy.

MIA0223
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2010 at 10:20 PM

DH loved it! He says it's called kefta, the meat and the stew both :)

UmmTalal
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM

This looks yummy I also make a stew like this. The name is kofta stew

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN