Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi everyone

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:33 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 186 Total Views
I am new to this group.  I am 40ish and going back to school. My class starts Tues Apr 17 and I am SO NERVOUS about this whole endeavor.  However, I know I need to go back to school to help make a better life for myself and my family, especially my kids.  I cannot afford to give them the things they need if I continue to work the dead-end jobs I am presently qualified to do.  Therefore, this training is NECESSARY!!  I hope that I will be both a role model and a cautionary tale (don't let this happen to you--go to school and get your career FIRST) to my daughter especially.   My husband is a great guy who got downsized out of a pretty decent job about 6 years ago and we are still recovering.  We believe that further education is our best way out  of this situation.  We also recently found out that our son has autism so it is doubly important that I get  a job with good insurance.  Kudos to ALL of us "student-mommies"!!!!!
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momof3trs
by Group Owner on Apr. 17, 2007 at 2:37 AM
.....Kudos to you, and congrats for going back...it's okay to go back...better late than never...good luck, and don't be nervous you'll do fine....we'er glad you joined the group, and we look forward to your contribution...

thanks,
theresa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)