Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heyy I'm new here

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

HI. I'm Amanda. I'm 21 from southern California. My son Ryker was born at 34 weeks. He was 4.11 pounds and 15.5 inches. He spent a week in the NICU due to not being able to regulate his own body temperature and jaundice. He's now 2 months and doing great. He's still little weighing almost  8 pounds but he's getting bigger everyday. I love watching him learn new things everyday. He 's doing amazing with his milestones, I hope he keeps it up.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
passion4preemie
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I am so happy to hear that things are going so well with your son.  Ryker is such a cute name too.  I am glad that he only had a couple difficulties to over come....does he have to go in for milestone check ups more often since he was born that early?

Quoting RykersMommy88:

HI. I'm Amanda. I'm 21 from southern California. My son Ryker was born at 34 weeks. He was 4.11 pounds and 15.5 inches. He spent a week in the NICU due to not being able to regulate his own body temperature and jaundice. He's now 2 months and doing great. He's still little weighing almost  8 pounds but he's getting bigger everyday. I love watching him learn new things everyday. He 's doing amazing with his milestones, I hope he keeps it up.

RykersMommy88
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM

no he doesn't the NICU said by 3 months he should be caught up to other babies his own age... we're hoping that's the case but when we talk him in to the dr which we do alot because he's a preemie and we're first time parents they say he's doing really well. i'm very lucky

Quoting passion4preemie:

I am so happy to hear that things are going so well with your son.  Ryker is such a cute name too.  I am glad that he only had a couple difficulties to over come....does he have to go in for milestone check ups more often since he was born that early?

Quoting RykersMommy88:

passion4preemie
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Very happy to hear that things are going well.  It can feel like a lot when you have to take your baby into the doctor so much but it does get less frequent the older they get if your baby doesn't have any major disability from being born early.  I felt almost like the doctor's office was a second home we were there so much but it got less frequent as he got older and stronger and I was able to wein him off his oxygen he went home on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)