Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay ladies, I have a question...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:34 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 207 Total Views
What are your hubby's fire departments like? You always think of a fire department being a "brotherhood" right? Well, not my hubby's! At his department, these guys will stab each other in the back in the blink of an eye, and the "chief" could care less about the guys that are on the department! It is very frustrating because my hubby really enjoys being a firefighter, but working with people like the ones he has to work with really takes a toll on him! I was just curious if anyone else has a fire department like this. Please let me know!

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Jul. 26, 2007 at 12:05 AM

I can certainly understand, the first fire station my DH joined was a good ole boys club....if you weren't born and bred there you never fit in, we were there for over 7 years, and although  we perservered we never were (a part of the gang). DH doesn't drink so the redneck Fire dept didn't care for him...that wasn't what he was there for...he loves fighting fire and thats what he did....We did all the functions and fund raisers and they were glad to see us then, but when it came to voting in things and such well you get the picture....Luckily the one he is in now is different...more like a real fire dept, not a meat market.....The last one had a fire dept sweety...so they called her....they all took turns with her....I reported them to the local authorities plenty. Needless to say I hope things get better for you guys.

jzerbe
by on Jul. 28, 2007 at 9:35 PM
My DH fire department has it's clicks in it for sure.  He was raised around the fire department and it's in his blood so he says.  His dad is the 1st Assist Chief, my DH is the 2nd Assist Chief,  and his brother is the Captain.  It's a family thing for sure.  I help out with all the fund raisers when I can and do anything else that they need when I have time to do so.  You can tell that that you need to watch what you say and do around the people there though because you never know what's going to happen next. 

My grandfather always said if they are talking to you about them then they are talking to them about you. 

I hope things get better for you and if you need anything let me know.  I am always here to talk to you.  You can add me to your friends list if you would like.

Have a good weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)