Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induction

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

So I guess I'm going to get induced.  I go in on Monday night to start softening my cervix and then Tuesday morning they'll induce me.  I'm on the fence about it.  I really don't want to be in the hospital on Christmas so that would be a big plus to doing this, because I will be getting out either Christmas Eve or Christmas day.  But I really don't want to be so exhausted for Christmas that I wont enjoy it.  I guess it doesn't really matter anymore because the plans have been made with all of the families and the appointment is made.  I'll be 39 weeks on Monday.  I know a big reason that my doctor wants to do this is so it wont interfere with his holiday.  What would you do?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cadysmama
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:43 AM

At this point I would be all for it!!! I am due ON CHRISTMAS and praying that he comes out before that. I don't want to be in the hospital for Christmas either. I'd be happy to be home that day. What better gift? A new baby, your family, and coming home!!!

MamaRader
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:57 PM

i agree with the PP.  Personally I would be all for it. I wanted my Dr to do it this weekend, but they dont do inductions on the weekend and my dr wont be in next week and I dont like the other one, so I am willing to wait it out.

If you dont feel right about induction then talk to your dr. You shouldn't be pressured into doing it because he doesn't want to ruin his holiday.  I am sure you will make the right decision for you and good luck!

pregnancy
PamnDerek92405
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Don't feel bad. I may have to get induced too but they think I have preeclampsia. you and I are right at the same time. I will be 39 weeks Monday also. I am having tests done now to see if I have preeclampsia. Hopefully I will find out the results by Friday. Keep me posted on your new bundle of joy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)