Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Piscean gift- Clairsentience

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 309 Total Views
Your Intuitive Gifts: Clairsentience
Intuition is a broad term that basically covers all of the psychic abilities we have as human beings. Specific gifts like clairsentience, telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, telekinesis, and healing, and how you may be using them even now without realizing it!

We'll start with the most commonly used ability: clairsentience.

Clairsentience means "clear feeling" in French. When you get a "gut feeling" about something, you are using your clairsentience. What you're doing is using your second chakra, the spleen center (located just below the belly button), to sense things on an emotional level. So your clairsentience can pick up what other people are feeling, and it can also give you a great barometer for when something is wrong.

(CITED EXAMPLE, not my personal experience)
For instance, I was traveling on a flight to Phoenix one day and talking with my seatmate, a former flight attendant. She had been on an international run for many months, traveling from San Francisco in a loop with overnight stopovers in several destinations, then back to San Francisco again.

One night at one of the stopovers, she became sick to her stomach and decided that she wasn't up to continuing on the flight the next morning. In fact, she decided that she was going to quit flying, period--which she had been thinking about doing for some months. Her crewmates continued on without her, and the plane crashed--killing everyone on board.

This woman's clairsentience saved her life-in effect she had such a strong "gut feeling" that it made her sick and unable to fly.

Clairsentience often works with another ability called precognition, as in the case above. Precognition is the ability to know what is going to happen in advance. When combined with clairsentience, you may not get specific information like date, place or time, but you will get a general feeling of foreboding, and an overwhelming desire to change course.

Trish was taking group riding lessons. She had attended about seven or eight lessons and felt pretty comfortable on her horse. But one morning, she kept feeling as though she was going to fall. The feeling was so strong that she started to get extremely anxious, which had never happened before. She decided to stop early, thinking that if she continued, her fear might be transmitted to the horse and something bad would happen. She told her instructor what was happening, and then returned to the barn. After tending to her horse, Trish returned to the arena to see the rest of the lesson.

Six faces were watching her with amazement. "You must be psychic," the instructor exclaimed. Not five minutes after she left the arena, another horse stumbled and fell - one of the most steady and surefooted in the stable. His rider sprained her ankle. Trish had felt that a fall was going to happen, but she didn't have the specifics of WHO was going to fall.

What many people don't realize is that clairsentience can also be responsible for overwhelming emotions. Because clairsentience is about feeling emotion, you can experience the emotions of someone else and think they are your own.

In one of my classes, a student came in feeling awful. It turned out that her clairsentience was turned on so high that she was acting like a sponge, taking in the emotions of everyone throughout the day at work. By the time she got to class, she was overwhelmed. I showed her how to release the excess emotion and turn her clairsentience down. Within a few minutes, she was herself again, feeling relaxed and happy.

This happens a lot in relationships. It's very easy to take on the emotions and energy of the other person through that second chakra. When a relationship ends and you feel overwhelming grief (even though you know in your head that he wasn't the right guy for you), you might just be experiencing the release of his emotional energy that you took on during the relationship and the breakup.

The key to knowing when what you feel is really a clairsentient experience rather than your own feelings is whether or not you can control the emotion. If you can handle it, if it feels appropriate and manageable, it is generally yours. If it is overwhelming or there doesn't seem to be a reason why you might feel it, or if someone you were just with was experiencing the same thing, it may be a clairsentient experience.

Working with Your Clairsentience

When you get a strong gut feeling, stop and pay attention. Ask yourself questions like these to clarify your feelings:

If I'm picking up something about another person, who would that be?

If there happened to be something going on with that person, what could it be?

If I'm picking up on something around me, what might it be?

You'll notice the "if" format of the questions. This helps you get around the analytical part of your brain that may try to short-circuit your intuition ("this is silly," etc.) This serves two purposes. First, you have better information to make your decisions. Second, you can handle and release emotion more easily if you know where it is coming from.

On the board, please share your stories and questions about clairsentience. Ever taken on someone else's emotions? Ever had a gut feeling about something?

by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
PinKaBooDreamer
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Yes I take on other emotions... I am an Empath....That is my gift...
I absorb others feelings like a sponge...It even says so in my chart..
I knew I had this thing about me....but just recently found out what I had did have a name after all....Empath..
My chart describes it...but does not name it...
My Intutions are very strong...
I also may have some Telepathic abilities...
I can not control either of my gifts....but an Empath can not control it...just use shielding methods for protection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)