Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TAKS Test

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 391 Total Views

How is your child coping with the TAKS test? My ds does get 2 days for each part of the test and the reading parts are read to him. But he failed the released TAKS earlier this year and not sure about the actual test. He has struggled so much this school year and failed so much that it already looks like another year of summer school if he does pass the TAKS. This past 6 weeks alone he failed 4 subjects. I want my ds to be tested for more learing disabilities but it is such a struggle to get anything done. I talked to the principle who oversees 504 and his counselor back at the beginning of the school year about testing him and...well.. nothing so far. I am going to call a 504 meeting whether it's time for one or not. My son needs more help than what he's receiving.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fuzzycheeto
by New Member on May. 6, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Go to administration building every chance u get ( i was there at least once a week!lol) and push em till they get it done. i threatened ours with paying and getting my child diagnosed and finding a lawyer to back me on their lack of concern for my child having an equal opportunity to get a quality education! They finally got off there hineys and got it done!! lol Of course I knew straight off what was wrong because I saw it with my son and hers was a LOT more complex than his EVER thought of being!!lol (of course he could do some amazing things in spelling with out pausing I couldnt do without concentration!!lol Like spelling some word totally backwards orally when asked to spell it!! omgosh!! lol)

txmom92
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Since it's now the end of the school year, getting something done now is pretty much impossible. But I do have the lady who is over the special ed in our district's email and I will begin emailing her. It was easier getting my other 2 kids the help they needed. DS has autism and dd has a learning difficulty. And what kills me is I know my ds is smart and yet to look at his grades you would wonder. I think part of the problem is his late diagnosis, which was at the end of 5th grade. There is much more help on the elementary level than on the middle or high school level, which isn't right. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)