Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This Is From Another Poster. What Do You Think?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 2:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

To some this may sound like a stupid thing to be upset about.. but it's not to me.  Almost everytime ds and I go into walmart we go by the bakery dept and he usually will get a free cookie.  Well yesterday dh, ds, and I went to walmart to get a few groceries.. and as usual we went through the bakery dept and asked for a cookie for Landon.  Well come to find out walmart discontinued the program!  Discontinued the program to give children a free cookie!  I could NOT believe my ears... I mean it's not the cookie that pisses me off.. it's the moral part of the thing. It's for the children.  I mean I go there and spend my money there.. they get profit how much money??? And yet they can't seem to give a free cookie to a child?  It just really pissed me off.  I don't know... it just REALLY pissed me off.

by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomofLandon
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 4:34 AM

People are stupid, bake or buy your own damn cookie!!  LMAO!!

pattisaid
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

This post sparked a lot of messages with mom's angry over the cookie no longer being given away. Then there were those that could care less about the cookie bashing the moms that had a problem with the cookie no longer being given away. I feel bad about the employees that have to deal with people mad over no more cookie.

Mommy2Caitlin
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

It wouldnt bother me if they didnt give away free cookies. A bakery cookie cost what 75 cents. They use to do it at Ralphs to but no longer do i think it is mostly because of peoples allergies. I remember though being a kid and knowing that when we went to Vons or Staters we would get that cookie and look forward to it.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by Member on Mar. 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM

LMFAO!!! I think that's HILARIOUS!!! It's A FREE COOKIE!!! I mean, dude, I shop at Wal*Mart. THIS type of person is WHY people classify us ALL as trash!!!  She was getting it for free in the first place. WHY is she complaining about it??? Just get a freakin' package of cookies, and deal with it!!! Geez....

pattisaid
by Group Owner on Mar. 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Yes people will get upset over the smallest thing. I loved this post because it brought out the best and the worst in people.

Rachael
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM

i was a bakery manager for Albertsons and we always give the cookie.  But there was a time when it almost got axed... the issue of allergies was major...  So instead of taking the cookie privilege away, we required a parent there.  We also had free samples for adults.  mmmm brownie bites, lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)