Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People Miss Out When They Are Rude

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2009 at 12:17 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 156 Total Views

Something I wrote to someone made me think of this. In retail we happen on so many different experiences. A lot of people will be quick to say that they could never work retail like it makes you less of a person to do so. Or fast food for that matter (I did). Then there will be those that we help or end up helping that feel that they could treat us as less because of the work we do. Which brings me to this: I feel that people miss out on so much when they feel that they could treat us as less or give us a hard time or are downright rude to us. I feel that in my work I recieve more than I have given. In the perfect setting given that I have extra time a woman will leave with full face make up, tips she would never have gotten elsewhere, and perhaps extra samples. And a lot of the time a big hug afterwards. When someone is rude I just want to get them out and help them as fast as I can. Though I do make it my personal challenge to break through, break the ice and win them over (it does not always happen). What do people miss out on when they are rude to you? 

by on Mar. 16, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Rachael
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

There is nothing I can really deny someone if they are rude.  But they just get a straight forward transaction.  I love to smile and chit chat a moment while a customer is there.  If they are rude it is ring up, collect money, change if applicable and hand them the bag.  Easy Peasy.

lisar315
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I AGREE IF THE CUSTOMER IS RUDE.  BE NICE AND GET THEM OUT QUICK

wave

pattisaid
by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:32 AM

It is so true. I do what I can to get them out and quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)