Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free At The Fast Food Place

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 179 Total Views

He comes in I think everyday but I am only at the fast food place two days a week. So I do not know if he comes in everyday. But I bet he does.

The first thing he does is go to the sugars and takes a huge handful of what he needs from that part of the resturaunt. Then the ketchup and hot sauce. Then he asks for some of the dressings. How can someone who I imagine is alone need so many sugars? It is like we are a free prepackaged condiments grocery store. I won't down someone for not having money but just to walk in and take things and ask for condiments without buying something is strange. I can understand if you buy a coffee and take a few extra or a meal and ask for extra and take extra home. I can see it. But hopefully he won't be down on his luck for to much longer.

Also a guy walks in with his cup of noodles and wants hot water for it and that is all. Okay. Now I know that I could do that.

by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SAMNMAYASMOM
by Member on Mar. 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Yeah. You'd be surprised at how many people do that. When I worked in a restaurant, they ALWAYS used to come in for a cup of water (or ice), and not purchase anything. Then got mad that we charged them .25 for a cup. Hello! The cup is not free to us. Why should it be free to you? A few times older people just stole the salt/pepper shakers. Or ALL of the sugars,etc from the container, if not the container as well. I've seen people steal Ketchup, etc. My friend who also worked at an IHOP saw one of her customers walking out with the whole tray thingy of syrup. The manager tried to get her to go stop this guy, and she wouldn't. The manager went after him, and he ended up being full of syrup. I don't know where this sense of entitlement comes from. Pretty sickening.

pattisaid
by Group Owner on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Yes there is a guy who just started coming in and he brings in his cup of noodles and asks for us to give him hot water for it. One day it was just that. I was just okay whatever. The next time I saw him he ordered two tacos and I brought up the cup of noodles and he said he needed hot water for another one. I asked the girls about it and they said that he just started showing up. I figured that he must work nearby. I will probably find out other things about working there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)