Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 10:17 AM
  • 53 Replies
  • 1112 Total Views

Welcome to the group!  Tell us about you and your family.

What inspired you to work at home?

I am 38 years old.  I have been married for 11 years!!  We have one daughter.  She is in 1st Grade!  She is the one that inspired my husband to work from home!  We did not want her in daycare!!

I have a business with Premier Designs High Fashion jewelry.  My husband owns a decorative concrete business.

We have been mentoring and empowering women to start their own home based business for 7 years now.  Have you ever thought about having your own business?  I would love to chat more with you.  Let me know.

Best wishes!
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
Want to work at home?  Contact me today!

by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msterra29
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Hi Shay and Everyone!

My name is Terri and I am from Virginia. I am married with three daughters (ages 13, 3, and 1) I did not want my children in daycare either so here I am at home. I have a BS in Psychology and currently working on masters degree- but now I hope to never go out in the workforce!! I love it here. I have been in networking for 7 years and tried many businesses.

I am currently with DiamondCreek Candles and love that the company does not have monthly Min/Quotas you have to meet and can remain a rep for as low as $5.00 a month- and the prices cannot be beat on the candles!

I am looking forward to getting to know alot of you and wish you all luck in your businesses at home!
Terri

Diamond Creek Candles- Free to Join- No monthly Min- Free Leads & Training- What else do you need? Come Join Us! (No CC required) www.chunkycandles4cash.com

boutiqueshops
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 11:34 AM
Hi everybody!

I'm Sylvia & I'm a work at home gramma! =) I retired last year after 30 years of service to the State of Texas!

I'm 50 years old, married to Sam for 31 years. Our daughters are grown & married & we have 3 grandsons, 8, 7 and 2. Since we're empty nesters, we spoil our two furry babies - our dogs Toby and Lady. LOL I love to craft, collect & watch my favorite DVD's, garden & read. I watch alot of TV too while crafting or working online too...doh. =)

I rep for several companies and feel that I've picked the best of the best! Been in direct sales almost since I got married! You could say I've tried most of them! heh....

I keep a blog for folks interested in starting a home based business here:

http://yourworkathomebusiness.blogspot.com/

Gotta say though, my 3 favorites are:

http://www.celloinabox.com/shop/shopaff.asp?affid=161
(you can join by clicking on *Representative Items) CIAB is more fun than a grownup should have and get paid for! hee hee! Plus I use the bags to present my other products. No quotas!!

http://www.myshp.com/smayfield
Stanley Home Products is a fantastic company. You can earn up to 45% here & the products just about sell themselves. Glad I found them! Send me a message through CafeMom or click the Career Opportunity tab on the Stanley site and fill out the form and I'll get you some more info. This one is a gem. No quotas!

The other one is DiamondCreek Candles, but it's been covered. =) Awesome growing company & I highly recommend it. Also no quotas! Lots of fun and the other consultants are so helpful to each other. The *real* meaning of team here!

yak more soon!
Sylvia
BabyGirlTabi
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Hi ladies! My name is Tabitha and I'm a 22 year old SAHM of 4. Yes, I said 4 lol. I have 1 girl and 3 boys. Ages 71/2 6 2 1/2 and 11 months. I've been with their wonderful father for almost 9 years now.

I will be starting to work from home tomorrow! I'm so excited! A great friend referred me to the company Melaleuca. It's great! I've been wanting to work from home for a very long time. I never wanted to have my kids put in daycare. I wanted to be the ones to take care of them. So I've been a SAHM for the last 3 years. Now that I'll be able to help with the bills and some extra money for the kiddos, I'm just so excited. I hope to meet and get to know some of you all soon!!

Tabitha
jovigirl68
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Donna, I am 4 days away from turning 40 ahhhgggg.  I am with my husband Michael for 12 years we have a 9 year old daughter,  we are hoping for another but it's in God's hands.  My family and I moved to Florida at the end of 06 by August of 07 we were back in NY.  My hubby & Daughter hated it and things didn't work out the way we planned work wise.  My husband is back to work with his old company and loving it, my little girl is ecstatic to be back in her old school with all of her friends.  I got very lucky because my parents wanted to move to Florida so we did a switch, they are now in my place and visa versa. 

I decided I wanted to work my way back to Florida or possibly the Carolina's so I became a work from home mom.  I am a Wellness Educator with Juice Plus+.  I started taking JP+ over 3 years ago because I have Chron's Disease and I am limited to what I can eat.  I would literally be hospitalized once sometimes twice a year since I was 19 with flare ups.  Since taking JP+ I haven't had any, I'm not cured since there is no known cure but my overall health & immune system has improved.  I became a Wellness Educator last year because I wanted to help other families get healthy.  I  have to say my biggest draw to the company was that they focus on Children's health.  They offer a children's study which gives children ages 6-15 a free one year supply with every adult capsule order.  I could go on and on. 

Please check out my website and see what the Doctors have to say.  I would love to meet other moms interested in health & wellness. 

Best Regards, 

Donna Vaz
Wellness Educator
Juice Plus+
www.juiceplus.com/+dv76329
ChristineMom23
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Hi Everyone!
My name is Chrissee and I'm a Mom of 3 + a dog.
I work at home with The M.O.M. Team.
http://www.TheMomTeam.com/Wellness

I was inspired to work at home after our twins were born because our finances were being stretched beyond their limits yet I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE MY BABIES!  

I said a LOT of prayers and The M.O.M. Team appeared to me online a few days later....so it's been a Godsend for me.

~Peace~
Chrissee

Chrissee Lacomis

To have a better tomorrow, you must
do something different...and better...today!

LisaTOHE
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 1:29 PM
Hello Everyone!  Thanks for the invite Shay, this is a great group idea and I hope that it really takes off.

My name is Lisa and I have been married for over six years to my hubby, Al.  We have three rambunctious yet handsome boys, 5, 4 and 20 months.  I became a SAHM when my second son was born for the same reasons as many stated here already....I just couldn't put them in daycare and I didn't have any family that could watch them either.  I wanted to raise my kids, not someone else.

I am a consultant with Taste of Home Entertaining.  TOHE is celebrating their 2nd birthday in May and I have been with them since the beginning.  The products are awesome, the company is fantastic and my team is beyond supportive and fun.  Its not very often you find a job or company that is so appreciative of the efforts you put forth, but with TOHE any accomplishment no matter how small or great, you are always acknowledged in one way or another.
Independent Charter Consultant for 
Taste of Home Entertaining!
 http://lisacherek.tohe.com

My Goal -  $1000.00 for Amercian Cancer Society-Relay for Life by June!!  Host a "Party for a Cause" and be entered to win a Beautiful Red Gramercy Ribbon Platter.  Help the fight to find a cure!

jewelrylady98
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM
Thanks so much ladies for joining!!  I really hope this group takes off!
I wish you all the best with your businesses!   Please feel free to invite your friends to join us!
~Shay
Momof4whomebiz
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Hello,

My name is Julianna Stover. Thank you so much, Shay, for inviting me! This is a terrific idea for a group and I'm sure any help is great for all of us!

I'm finally a stay-at-home mom of four after working full time for the last 16+ years in Retail Beauty and food. I've been married to the man of my dreams, David, for almost 7 years! My kids are; Cassie (14); H.D. (13 in two weeks!); Sean (4); and Ashley (3).

My home business is with Arbonne International. I joined in August 2007 after discovering how different the products and company are from any I've ever tried before! I'm loving meeting so many new people and creating new friendships from this business as well as growing a business! I can't get over how great my skin looks and feels after so many years of searching for products that actually give Results as promised! I'd love to chat with anyone about skin care choices and results!

Among other things, I love to watch DVD's, read Historical Romances, and cross-stitch when I have time!

Looking forward to meeting all of you and talking more about our businesses!

Julianna Stover
Independent Arbonne Consultant (and aspiring NVP!)
www.juliannastover.myarbonne.com

Ask me how you can get started for only $29 for the first year! Only $15 a year afterwards!
cocoafix
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 5:49 PM
Hello
This sounds like a great new group !
Im 38 a stay at home mom of 2 wonderful little
boys and a DH .
kimstack
by on Apr. 16, 2008 at 11:07 AM
hi everyone i am a stay at home mom. i have a 3yr. old girl and one on the way due may 15th. feel free to check out my banner below.
Brring! Get Calls, Get Cash!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)