Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much Vit D should I give to my small children?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:35 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

They get I believe 400IUs of Vit D in their multivit I give them every morning... but I know that isn't enough.

Would it be ok for me to smash up a 1000IU each for them and give it to them?  It's an all natural Vit D supp.  Ages are 2 and 5.

Thanks so much!! :)

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM

My kids are 5,4 and 2 and I give them 1000IU's.  I just got paperwork yesterday to get their levels checked to see if they need more.  I think it is fine for them to get 1000.

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

Terri441
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I found 1000unit drops at the health food store and have been giving my kids those. You can also get the 400unit tablets that melt in their mouth and when I had those I gave them 2 unless they seemed to be battling something I'd give them 3.
That's what I did or do.

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Thanks for the replies! :)

I can't afford to go out and get anything else at the moment other than the Vit D bottles that I have (I have like 4 hehe) so I'll just use those!

This town I'm in is a college town and h1n1 is spreading like a wild fire like here.  I'm not so scared of it for my kids.  I think my youngest had it...but I'm pregnant so ya never know what the outcome could be with that.

Thanks again!

For 2000 years doctors looked at the world through the filter (belief) that 'bleeding was therapeutic'. Not until the general education of the public lead people to rebel against this mistake was it corrected. Today many look at the world through the belief that 'vaccines work'.    www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)