Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great visit with new ped yesterday!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

So, I took my son for his 2 yr check up yesterday to a new ped who I was told was vax friendly.  I was nervous and all ready with my 'dukes' up for a fight...lol  They were all very nice to me and gave me no problems whatsoever.  he and the nurse there told me I would not be harassed or kicked out of the practice for not vaxing.  Dr said, it is my choice not to vax and they will respect that.  I simply told him my reasons for not vaxing and he said that I sounded very educated on this matter and felt no need to make sure I knew what I was doing.  He did tell me that there are a few other drs in the practive, who are very pro-vax and if I happen to see one of them, not to be offended if they question me on it, just to tell them that he and I already discussed it and I am fine with my decision. 

I am so freaking excited!!!!  I have been trying to find a good ped for 5 years now!!  It was so nice for someone to respect my choice as a parent and not give me a hard time.

way to go

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
wulfbourne
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Yay!  I was nervous when I told my ped.  She didn't try to talk us out of it or anything.  She just said, OK.  My husband was so shocked he asked her 'So you're really ok with us not vaccinating?'.  She told us that while she didn't agree with it, she wasn't going to say anything because it was our choice.  And she's never even brought it up in a visit since then.  She's always very nice, talks with us, doesn't seem to have any kind of attitude towards us, and never says a word about vaccines!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)