Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

imms ,flu shot and h1n1 **UPDATE**

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 631 Total Views

Just had to share. i literally almost hurled tonite at work. We had a handful of calls tonite of people who had their childs well visit(of course with vax's), then added on the flu and h1n1 vaccine. Then they are calling us b/c the child has a 105 fever. RN's explanation was that a temp that high isnt typical of a vax reaction. Then one of the docs said that all these kids must have had something "brewing" when they got their vaccines and now they are sick. It's fucking amazing. Everyday day I feel more and more confident that I am not putting all this shit in my kids. Thank God for this group which finalized our decision.

Well a 2 yr old who got the HIB,flu shot, h1n1 and hep A got a 105 fever, ended up in the hospital and as of today isnt breathing on her own. They dont know if she will make it.

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I don't even know what to say....I feel your pain...it makes me want to slap people, makes me want to take up drinking, or smoking pot, or something to dull the stupidity around me...

yack...

bingbong
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 2:30 PM

i tell ya, it seems thats what ignorant peoples kids have to go through in order for them to wake the hell up!  poor kids...

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I know. I curse these people but then I remember I WAS one of this misinformed people. Glad I got smart!

Quoting bingbong:

i tell ya, it seems thats what ignorant peoples kids have to go through in order for them to wake the hell up!  poor kids...

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM

that pisses me the fuck off!  My dd had a reaction to the Dtap and had a 105 fever, along with the high pitch screaming nonstop for several hours and the dr still told me it had nothing to do with a vaccine, that she was probably already coming down with something.  Fucking amazing!!

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

USAF.Wife
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:49 PM

i am right with you girl. we just got letters from the schools yesterday saying that there WILL be mass inoculations in our schools on nov 5th. and we were givin permission slips. (heck no i didn't sign it!) but apparently there are a lot of parents i talk to in the schools that are going to get the vax for their kids. its so sad....one lady was like "its just like any other vaccine" my comment was...."yeah that's what im afraid of". 

Amy~Mom Of Max (19m) & Molly (5)

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM

UPDATE

Well a 2 yr old who got the HIB,flu shot, h1n1 and hep A got a 105 fever, ended up in the hospital and as of today isnt breathing on her own. They dont know if she will make it.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM

That's horrible, my prayers are with her.

Quoting jooshysmom:

UPDATE

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

CurvyMommato1
by Member on Nov. 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Wow, that is so sad. I will keep her in my prayers.

Ya know, I have been feeling ALOT of pressure from my family to get my 7 month old the H1N1 vaccine, but there is a reason that I have not done it yet...theres a reason that I have not just given in and called to find out where to go...because I have NEVER been one to just go along with what everyone else is doing, or to trust anything that someone just tells me, bc they are older and think they are wiser. I keep beating myself up not knowing what to do, bc while I have been questionable about vaccines, I still have been hearing of deaths from the H1N1 flu...I just want the best for my son. I am so sick of going to the doctors and not feeling that they are helpful. The things that have worked best for my son are not what my doctors have told me. I did have my son up to date on his shots up until 4 months, but ever since I started to really look into it, I have pushed his appointments off. Now he is 7 months and he hasn't had any shots since...and even if I did decide to give him the H1N1 shot...I would go to the doctor and they would have him get the Dtap, Hep, and that liquid stuff in the mouth that I forgot the name of, and on top of that the flu shot, without even thinking of it. Now my son has never reacted to his previous shots, but as the OP gave an example of, multiple shots at once is just crazy. where is the logic, if you do decide to give shots, to just give them all at once like that?

BTW, anyone who might know...I have heard that the flu shot in babies will protect them only after they have a second booster..and I have also heard that the shots right now are for protecting against the SPring outbreak? Anyone know which is correct? Because it sure seems odd to tell everyone to get a shot, and then they think they are protected, but will not be for quite some time....if ever at all.

nomialder
by Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 12:43 AM

How can ANYONE possibly think that injecting that much junk into one little, barely formed immune system is a good idea? Lord, why are people so dumb?

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 12:51 AM

According to the British Medical Journal, the flu shot is less than 1% effective (that is if they even guess the right strain) in children under 24 months...http://drtenpenny.com/swine_flu_hype.aspx

Quoting CurvyMommato1:

Wow, that is so sad. I will keep her in my prayers.

Ya know, I have been feeling ALOT of pressure from my family to get my 7 month old the H1N1 vaccine, but there is a reason that I have not done it yet...theres a reason that I have not just given in and called to find out where to go...because I have NEVER been one to just go along with what everyone else is doing, or to trust anything that someone just tells me, bc they are older and think they are wiser. I keep beating myself up not knowing what to do, bc while I have been questionable about vaccines, I still have been hearing of deaths from the H1N1 flu...I just want the best for my son. I am so sick of going to the doctors and not feeling that they are helpful. The things that have worked best for my son are not what my doctors have told me. I did have my son up to date on his shots up until 4 months, but ever since I started to really look into it, I have pushed his appointments off. Now he is 7 months and he hasn't had any shots since...and even if I did decide to give him the H1N1 shot...I would go to the doctor and they would have him get the Dtap, Hep, and that liquid stuff in the mouth that I forgot the name of, and on top of that the flu shot, without even thinking of it. Now my son has never reacted to his previous shots, but as the OP gave an example of, multiple shots at once is just crazy. where is the logic, if you do decide to give shots, to just give them all at once like that?

BTW, anyone who might know...I have heard that the flu shot in babies will protect them only after they have a second booster..and I have also heard that the shots right now are for protecting against the SPring outbreak? Anyone know which is correct? Because it sure seems odd to tell everyone to get a shot, and then they think they are protected, but will not be for quite some time....if ever at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)