Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will a peditrican make you?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 438 Total Views

Will a peditrican make you sign a form saying your neglecting your childrens vaccines? Even if you have an exempt form?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle451
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

i haven't had to sign anything

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM

It depends on your ped.  My old one tried making me sign one that made me sound like I was giving my kids a death sentence....  My new one said I do not need to sign anything.

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

CurvyMommato1
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Don't sign anything! I'm guesing if you dont they  can refuse to be your doctor but so be it, go find a new one! That is what I will do if I come across any problems.

Pishyah
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM

We go to a military medical facility and they wanted us to sign the AAP's but I refused.

stephfrantz
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM

My pedi just made me sign a form saying that she talked to me about the risks and benefits of vaccines and how I still decided to not vaccinate my children. It was to protect her incase my children got a preventable sickness. Wasn't a big deal she nicely asked me if I would read it and sign it.

laurag8707
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Thankyou for responding ladies I defintely do not want to sign anything if I do not have to!

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I work where my son's go and was not asked to sign anything and if i was I would throw it out.I learned from this group early on to never sign anything for IF something happened to your child you could be held accountable for you KNEW what could happen w/o getting vaxed (yeah let's talk about what happens when you are people) and your kids could be taken away. Hope I explained that clearly

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

SuperMommy486
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Not directly. In directly yes they will if they want to. I have the paper that is widely used and recommended and if you read it carefully it puts all blame on you should something happen to your child as a result of *In their eyes* Not vaxxing. There is a form you can use to substitute that one in addition to an exemtion however if they do not accept it and you refuse to sign it they can refuse to see you.  I have had this happen before, but no big deal just find a Dr. who is compliant.

Autumn22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 4:36 AM

My ped won't make me do crap.

:)

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Quoting CurvyMommato1:

Don't sign anything! I'm guesing if you dont they  can refuse to be your doctor but so be it, go find a new one! That is what I will do if I come across any problems.

Christian- Libertarian, NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Non-circumsizing, Earth- friendly, mom of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! big smile mini

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music." -Angela Monet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)