Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT Goats milk, help!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

Ugh I feel like Im going crazy over this. It didnt really bother me before, I guess I didnt have the time to be bothered by it or notice. Now that Ive got alot of my tasks under control Im starting to notice that half of my sons clothes smell like goats milk! Its gross. All his bibs stink like it. Half of his shirts and Pjs do too. Ive tried everything I can think of but I dont use any fabic softeners or scented detergents for my sons clothes. I dont have any idea what else to try other than hot wash and heavy duty cycle. Anyone else figure out that problem that gives their child goats milk? Im sitting here trying to put his clothes away and Im ending up having to throw half of the clothes in teh washer for a THIRD time.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SuperMommy486
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I'm interested in this too. A few of my kids outfits do the same thing just not with goats milk. Maybe line drying?  Thanks for asking this!

Kari78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM

There are a few things to try.  I always use some baking soda in with my detergent, and then some vinegar along with a few drops of TTO/lavender EO in the "fabric softener" dispenser.  But for really stinky things, the ONLY thing that has worked for me is washing soda.  It's by Arm & Hammer, I get it in the detergent aisle (it's powder, in a box).

LKRA
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Trying throwing in a cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle. That should get rid of the smell, and the dried clothes will NOT smell like vinegar! :)

Kayere
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Thank you for the fast replies! Youre giving me enough time to try the vinegar in the third wash before my son wakes up from his nap! Ill cross my fingers that it works.

LKRA
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I've been using vinegar in my rinse cycle for about a month now, and I love it. Everything smells so flippin clean! I added a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil and, OMG! Heaven!

Quoting Kayere:

Thank you for the fast replies! Youre giving me enough time to try the vinegar in the third wash before my son wakes up from his nap! Ill cross my fingers that it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)