Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH's pregnant coworker is in the hospital

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

They say it's swine flu. Should I be worried? Should I be taking extra precaution? As in upping our d3? DS is low we just had him tested he is already taking 2,000iu. Should I be giving him more? He's about 36lbs and his levels were at 29.

Thanks

EBF, non-vaxing, co-sleeping, taking everyday as it comes, trying to make healthier choices and loving being a SAH Mommy to our amazing son, Maximilian born 1.15.08.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nessy1980
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

What I would do is give your child vitamin C, zinc and a multi vitamin. My dad had the flu last week and none of caught it from him. Just wash your hands as normal. As for the vitamin D3 I give my 3 year old 1000 IU a day I think after reading your post Ill give her more. 

jess227ny
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Thanks for the advice. We don't really go out much but DH coming home and being exposed to so many people....aargh. He's pretty good though as soon as he comes in he washes his hands. After all the talk about d3 and the flu I had all our levels checked. I used to give DS only 400iu. But, then I got the results and upped it. DH was low too he is taking 4000iu. I am average but I want to be optimal so i take 3000 -4000iu. The reason I got us tested is because we will have a lapse of insurance for Nov and Dec. So I wanted to do everything I could besides the "norm" to stay healthy.

I also give DS a vit c and zinc but he is iffy with taking them...he will suck on them and then throw it out never actually finishing it. He also takes a probiotic. I'm still BF"ing so that helps.

I don't buy into all the media hype but to know it is here in our community made me a little nervous. Thanks again  for the tips.

Jess

EBF, non-vaxing, co-sleeping, taking everyday as it comes, trying to make healthier choices and loving being a SAH Mommy to our amazing son, Maximilian born 1.15.08.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)