Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Front cover of magazine :( How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 627 Total Views

After flipping through the mail this morning I came across my dh  Wired magazine.The picture on the front cover is a baby with FEAR over its body then next to it it says"Vaccines don't cause autism. But some panicked parents are skipping their baby's shots. Why that bad decision endangers us all."  I really use to enjoy this magazine and Im pretty sure dh will not be happy when I tell him we will no longer be getting it. Here is a link. Looks like there is a spot for comments also :)

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience/

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I cannot even express how fucking angry this makes me!!!!

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

bringmepeace
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I know, I got half way through the articleand had to put it down for now.  its long and I don't think my heart can handle much more. I cant believe everything that they are saying. Complete opposite of what we know.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM

How can people say such things, ya know...  To see a child change over night from a vaccine....there are no words and when people make articles like this, they jsut really disgust me. 

Quoting bringmepeace:

I know, I got half way through the articleand had to put it down for now.  its long and I don't think my heart can handle much more. I cant believe everything that they are saying. Complete opposite of what we know.

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

ready_for2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM

wow, how about the parents freaking out and GETTING vaccines that are endangering their children!! i love how the media always only puts ONE side, whether vax or anti vax. they never put both

kk_bella
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Panicked...LMFAO.....

HaydensMommy007
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I just vomited all over  my keyboard

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

Kari78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Ohhhh now this mag is jumping on the bandwagon too, nice!  They see a debate and think it'll sell more magazines.  Aside from that, I don't see any reason for this ridiculous article to even exist.  Aside from trying to make people who don't vax feel bad???  I really think some people intentionally claim we're "endangering" them just to get back at us for something they don't understand, or perhaps feel guilty for NOT thinking about re: their own kids.  It's just mean-spirited, and I don't think it even deserves a response.

bringmepeace
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Im right there with you. I seen the same things and this article infuriates me.

Quoting buzymamaof3:

How can people say such things, ya know...  To see a child change over night from a vaccine....there are no words and when people make articles like this, they jsut really disgust me. 

Quoting bringmepeace:

I know, I got half way through the article and had to put it down for now.  its long and I don't think my heart can handle much more. I cant believe everything that they are saying. Complete opposite of what we know.

bringmepeace
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I think they are trying to make the  unresearched vaccinating people feel right about their decisions and to spread the info.

Quoting Kari78:

Ohhhh now this mag is jumping on the bandwagon too, nice!  They see a debate and think it'll sell more magazines.  Aside from that, I don't see any reason for this ridiculous article to even exist.  Aside from trying to make people who don't vax feel bad???  I really think some people intentionally claim we're "endangering" them just to get back at us for something they don't understand, or perhaps feel guilty for NOT thinking about re: their own kids.  It's just mean-spirited, and I don't think it even deserves a response.

Kari78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I'm sure that's true too...b/c we all know being "right" is more important than our kids' health!  Yikes.  People who think like this and write this kind of stuff are seriously unstable.  I imagine a lot of the ones who "agree" with the article don't even have kids though, and hence don't understand the gravity of such a decision.

Quoting bringmepeace:

I think they are trying to make the  unresearched vaccinating people feel right about their decisions and to spread the info.

Quoting Kari78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)