Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did i mess up?! (signing doctor form)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

so after seeing another post, now i am worried. i have signed a form every doctors appointment my son has had about either delayed vaxxing or not vaxxing. i started at 4 months and did an alternative schedule until 12 months when i quit vax altogether. so every time i had to sign something. i didnt think about it being a bad thing. bc if its not illegal to not vax, how can you get in trouble for not vaxxing?? should i quit signing it from now on? or is it too late?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ready_for2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM

bump, worried here!

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I don't think you should worry.  The only thing I could think of would be if there were a custody issue involved and someone would try to use that as neglect or something (you know how some people think about non-vaxing).  I signed at my daughter's first doctorss office and I read posts here too that got me worried, but that feeling went away.  The doctor my daughter sees now didn't even ask me to sign anything, she's a family doctor, not a needle pusher =0)

With light and love.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:19 PM

The thing is, if you signed the form and your child contracted a disease, *if* the doctor or emergency room staff wanted to be jerks, they could use that form against you.  That form states (the AAP one) they told your child could get contract a disease and you could have had him *protected* and you declined.  I don't think this is very common, but I won't give them the ammo nonetheless.  They can't make you sign anything, and if they try I would get a new dr....it's BS. 

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

suschi
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Here is what I would do after the fact, print out a form of my own, (can be a modified version of the AAP form or just something you hand write, or a copy of the school exemption) and tell the dr you want that in your record and that it replaces all other "vaccine refusal" forms.  Make sure you date it!!

Make sure you keep a signed and dated copy of your own. 

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

this is a good idea and I would be sure to put in there that is replaces all futures signed documents and have it notarized.

Quoting suschi:

Here is what I would do after the fact, print out a form of my own, (can be a modified version of the AAP form or just something you hand write, or a copy of the school exemption) and tell the dr you want that in your record and that it replaces all other "vaccine refusal" forms.  Make sure you date it!!

Make sure you keep a signed and dated copy of your own. 

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)