Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wee Wons DayCare/ Preschool/ Will they turn us away?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

Has anyone had their child in Wee Wons daycare that do not vaccinate and have any problems? I'm worried that they will not accept us because we do not vaccinate our son, he is 2 1/2 and has not been vaccinated since he was 9 months old. we do not want to start vaccinating now either. Can private daycare centers turn us away? I don't want my son to miss out on a good experience but me and my husband are not going to vaccinate him just so he can go to preschool either.

I would like to hear from other people's experience with day cares and preschool, and how their experience is, while not vaccinating their children. Is it against the law for them to turn us away?  We are going to try the religious exempt form. Also we live in the state of PA.

thanks. amanda 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Myroslava
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I don't know anything about  Wee Wons, if they are private or public, but even if they are private, but have accepted any funds from the government, they must accept your exemption. Correct me if i am wrong,anyone. My daughter is too young,so, no preschool for her,at least not yet.

mothertory
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I don't know if it's a state by state thing, but here in Oregon only public schools have to accept exemptions.  Private businesses, which is what most day care and private schools are, can choose who to accept or deny.  I would just call and ask them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)