Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so frustrated...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 337 Total Views

We moved to the city in October and started looking for a pediatrician for our son and our soon to be born baby.  DH and I thought we had narrowed it down, but at the interview with the "one", he made us very uncomfortable and didn't really respect our non-vax decision.  Well, today we interviewed another that we had high hopes about, but she informs us that it is "office policy" to not accept patients who do not vax because it threatens the health of their other patients.  We live in a big medical community with top hospitals and I think it is hindering our ability to find a doctor that is less mainstream.  I am 41 weeks preggo now and without a ped.  AHHHH! I'm just so frustrated. There is a naturopathic practice in the area, but they are more geared towards treating conditions, not infant care and I'd have to pay out of pocket.  At this point, I don't even want a ped. that I like, I just want one who will leave us alone about vaccines and make sure my sons are healthy.  Grrr. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
avery2290
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Have you checked mothering.com?  If you go into "finding my tribe" on the boards, you might be able to search for a ped or post for recs. 

If I were you, for right now just go with someone and keep looking around.  Make sure you are informed as to what you want and if they try to argue, just tell them it isn't up for discussion. 

http://thefoodsubstitute.blogspot.com/
heydooney
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I have gotten our doctor to lay off me (for now) by telling him we're just "waiting."

Waiting for hell to freeze over, but he doesn't need to know that.

Hi, I'm Danielle. Here I am in a nutshell:

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:57 PM

What about seeing a chiro?  Or if you really want a ped, grab the best one ( I know at this point, what you have found is crappy ) and just tell them that you want to delay until their first birthday or whatever age to buy you some time to find a good one. 

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

jodiemcgovern
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:46 AM

thanks everyone!

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Good luck.

We just don't take our son anymore. (once we stopped vaxing).

I just take him to the naturopath IF he get's sick- which I haven't had to do yet. :)

Christian- Libertarian, NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Non-circumsizing, Earth- friendly, mom of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! big smile mini

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music." -Angela Monet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)