Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have fun mamas

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 448 Total Views
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM

the level of stupidity on there is almost more than I can bear!

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Have the rebuttals gotten dumber?

I haven't responded to one of those questions in a while.. Some of it is BASIC.. jiminy cricket..

Sarah321
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM

what do you make of this answer :

Have any of you actually seen a child suffer & die from any of these diseases that they vax against? I have. My aunt was very against vaccinating my cousins. At the age of 11 I got to watch my little cousin suffer of & die of Hep B (& no, my 7yr old cousin was not doing drugs or having sex). He contracted it at school from another child in a playground accident (there was a pair of sissors in the sand when they jumped from the swings, both got cut & my little cousin got contaminated with the other child's blood). The parents of the other child were charged with involuntary manslaughter for not vaxing their child. My cousin died because my aunt did not vaccinate. I know there are problems with some of the vaccines, but there ARE problems with not vaxing as well. Just because your kid is fine doesn't mean they all will be, & visa versa. I respect those who do their research, but I do not respect those who judge just because.

Can we be held responsible if our non vaxed kids get someone sick/killed? I didn't think this could happen.  I can't find anything definitive on this. I wouldn't think this would be possible, in most cases it wouldn't be able to be proved who got who sick, (sounds like they may have been able to in this case though) ....I don't know If I am believing her story....how did they both jump in a sandbox and land on the same pair of scissors? And I thought children did not develp an acute infection of Hep B, that it usually shows up later, chronically....and if the other kid's parents were charged, why weren't the cousin's parents charged as well, for not vaxing their child??

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM

bump

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

HiNeedNiki
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I'm in red below. I would think the story is false if not for the fact that the poster seems educated via her writing style... but then again, that doesn't mean she can't fabricate a story to prove her point.

bump

Quoting Sarah321:

what do you make of this answer :

Have any of you actually seen a child suffer & die from any of these diseases that they vax against? I have. My aunt was very against vaccinating my cousins. At the age of 11 I got to watch my little cousin suffer of & die of Hep B (& no, my 7yr old cousin was not doing drugs or having sex). He contracted it at school from another child in a playground accident (there was a pair of sissors in the sand when they jumped from the swings, both got cut & my little cousin got contaminated with the other child's blood). The parents of the other child were charged with involuntary manslaughter for not vaxing their child. My cousin died because my aunt did not vaccinate. I know there are problems with some of the vaccines, but there ARE problems with not vaxing as well. Just because your kid is fine doesn't mean they all will be, & visa versa. I respect those who do their research, but I do not respect those who judge just because.

Can we be held responsible if our non vaxed kids get someone sick/killed? If that is true and we can be held responsible, consider this hypothetical scenario: if my unvaxed child contracts H1N1 from someone who TOOK the vax and shed the live virus to her, and my child were to die from it (wow it's hard to write that even to just illustrate a point), why can't I hold the vaxed child's parents responsible... just for the sake of arguement. I didn't think this could happen.  I can't find anything definitive on this. I wouldn't think this would be possible, in most cases it wouldn't be able to be proved who got who sick, can it really be proved? would seem quite difficult if not impossible (sounds like they may have been able to in this case though) ....I don't know If I am believing her story..Me neither..how did they both jump in a sandbox and land on the same pair of scissors? That sounds odd to me. And I thought children did not develp an acute infection of Hep B, that it usually shows up later, chronically....and if the other kid's parents were charged, why weren't the cousin's parents charged as well, for not vaxing their child?? Yes, why weren't the cousin's parents charged?

-Aiesha, a breastfeeding, sleep-sharing, baby-wearing, non-vaxing, anti-CIO, Attachment Parenting, SAHM who delivered her High-Need DD naturally drug-free!!

High Need Babies = Highly Wonderful Adults

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM

?? Edcucated people lie.

I think it is made up and they watch too much Law & Order.

Two children manage to jump from a swing, land on the same pair of scissors, exchange blood into the open wound, and the child dies soon after? Really?

1. Hep B does not kill that quickly; a child would likely to have to be extremely immune compromised for that to happen, and, if that is so, why are they on the playground with all those germy children?
  2. The accident senario is just improbable. I would ask for a link to the court case or police report; if this actually happened, it would be a famous precedent setting court case. Even a case of an AIDS infected person deliberately infecting people is hard to procecute criminally.
  3. And (as a pp pointed out) both children were unvaccinated; how could you charge one set of parents without charging the other? It is not medical neglect to not vaccinate and it is not illegal.

Hepatitis B does not usually affect a child’s normal growth and development. Most children with chronic hepatitis B infections will enjoy long and healthy lives. Unlike other chronic medical conditions, there are generally no physical disabilities associated with hepatitis B, nor are there usually any physical restrictions for these children.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Okay, I read her comment and honestly, I do not believe what she wrote.  The whole thing is too coincidental and makes no sense to me.  jmo

DawnA72
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM

The stupidity is unreal. 

emslala
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Quoting happytexasCM:

?? Edcucated people lie.

I think it is made up and they watch too much Law & Order.

Two children manage to jump from a swing, land on the same pair of scissors, exchange blood into the open wound, and the child dies soon after? Really?

1. Hep B does not kill that quickly; a child would likely to have to be extremely immune compromised for that to happen, and, if that is so, why are they on the playground with all those germy children?
  2. The accident senario is just improbable. I would ask for a link to the court case or police report; if this actually happened, it would be a famous precedent setting court case. Even a case of an AIDS infected person deliberately infecting people is hard to procecute criminally.
  3. And (as a pp pointed out) both children were unvaccinated; how could you charge one set of parents without charging the other? It is not medical neglect to not vaccinate and it is not illegal.

Hepatitis B does not usually affect a child’s normal growth and development. Most children with chronic hepatitis B infections will enjoy long and healthy lives. Unlike other chronic medical conditions, there are generally no physical disabilities associated with hepatitis B, nor are there usually any physical restrictions for these children.

My thoughts exactly, happytexasCM! If the child died that quickly of Hep B, there was either something underlying, or she is lying out her butt (which is what I think due to the other "facts" in her story). 
It really DOES sound like she was watching too much Law & Order SVU... Remember that measles episode? Her story sounds a little too much like that plot line... Mom didn't vaccinate, kid died of measles, they charged Mom with murder because it was a "preventable disease" because a vax was available. Maybe someone should ask her if the detectives names were Elliott & Olivia LOL. 

I stay away from vax questions because of morons like that... I generally try to stay away from anything health-related anymore because I am too far off mainstream for a lot of people. I tried to explain my views & back it up with research a few times, but there are just too many ignorant people on this site.

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quoting emslala:

My thoughts exactly, happytexasCM! If the child died that quickly of Hep B, there was either something underlying, or she is lying out her butt (which is what I think due to the other "facts" in her story). 
It really DOES sound like she was watching too much Law & Order SVU... Remember that measles episode? Her story sounds a little too much like that plot line... Mom didn't vaccinate, kid died of measles, they charged Mom with murder because it was a "preventable disease" because a vax was available. Maybe someone should ask her if the detectives names were Elliott & Olivia LOL. 

I was thinking of that SVU episode; I'd go back and ask about Elliott and Olivia, but someone was heckling me and I have homework to do ;o)

It at least made more sense with measles as it is an easily communicable disease; it would be a lot harder to infect someone casually on the playground.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)