• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! PRO VACC DOCTORS ONLY IN MY AREA

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

Here is some background info: My husband is in the Army so we move around sometimes. My son is 5 months old and has had no vax and will never have them.

When my son was born in NC I refused the Hep B shot at the hospital. His pediatrician said nothing about this (we told a nurse our choice) and at his 2 week and 1 month visit it did not really come up. Then we went to AZ where I found a non vacc friendly Dr., I had to sign a form that said I chose to not vacc and all that stuff.  He was completely fine with it, did not say a word about it. (he was on askdrsears.com website as a non-vacc dr.)

Anways here is my problem. We just moved to Florida, Crestview area, and I must find my son a Dr here. I don't take him to the Dr. unless there is a real problem anyway but I need to make sure I have a DR lined up in case something goes on. I called a few of the DRs on the list for my insurance and asked if they accepted non-vax children in their practice. One lady said she had no idea and had never been asked that before and then asked me why I wouldnt vacc him.(argh!!) Another said they dont condone it but they have accepted non vacc before though they feel it is NECCESSARY for babies to receive them.

Basically I do not know what to do! I am very strong on my beliefs and WILL stand up for myself if need be but in all fairness I am somewhat of a sissy sometimes! I HATE to be yelled at or told I am an idiot (this happened all the time when I was pregnant and was planning a home birth). Does anyone have any suggestions for me or even encouragement? I will have to battle it alone because my husband is in school and will not be able to go to any appointments with me to help me out. OR does anyone know of a DR in that area that is okay with it? I did not see Crestview or surrounding areas on the NoVax Dr list but maybe someone knows someone that they have not submitted to the list??

Again, I stand behind my choice 100% I am just a big baby when it comes to confrontation! It is just not my personality! Give me guidance someone please!!! :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I would look for a family practice doctor, preferably a DO. You can try the FL tribe board at mothering.com and see if they have a rec for your area.

StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Please also consider joining an AP (Attachment Parenting) homeschooling, or Natural Parenting group in your area.. (meetup yahoo etc), they are the best resource for local stuff. You have another option of choosing a Family Dr as well. Good luck!

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I was going to suggest finding a famill dr as well, they are not usually so strict on vaccines. 

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)