Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I say?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 396 Total Views

I have made the choice to VERY selectively vax my LO (I think I may give her Hib and she got one Hep B vax @ 2 wks old before I found my voice with her pediatrician), but have ruled out DTaP and MMR FOR SURE due to my concerns about their safety.  I know why I don't want to vax and its a very personal choice.  I come from a very  'Chef Boyardee'  family, very middle-America and conformist.  My non-conformity is bizarre to most of my family, but as loving and open people they will listen, at least.  My older sister has a LO who will turn 5 next week.  She did all recommended vax's on schedule with her.  No apparent problems (but I am now wondering about some asthmatic symptoms she  has), but my poor little neice has suffered egregiously this year with my sisters divorce from her abusive husband (My neice will be much better off in the long run but its so painful for her right now), so she has a vulnerability now.  My sister is now getting savvy to vax's and called her Ped. to see what last vax's my neice is due for at her next appt in March, tetanus and MMR.  She asked me to research and report back.  I said I didn't need to, that my research on MMR already scares the stuffing out me.

My question is, in what concise way can I describe my concerns for her?  I don't want to scare her or sound like a conspiracy theorist.  How have you guided your interested friends/family? I'm still too new at this to be eloquent or effective at speaking about it yet.

Thanks!

Catherine     

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dedicatedrider
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

This is commonly posted in this group, it is what I like to pass to anyone who is open to researching vaccines. 

Here are some questions to answer for yourself in deciding about vaccinating.

1. Name of the disease
2. Description of the disease
3. Length of time from initial infection to end of all symptoms
4. Infectious period
5. Normal symptoms of the disease
6. Known serious consequences of the disease
7. Proportion of persons infected developing serious consequences
8. Transmission route of the disease
9. Prevalence of the disease
10. Treatments of the disease and efficacy of those treatments
11. Relevant research about the disease
12. Name of the vaccine
13. Company that makes the vaccine
14. Contents of the vaccine
14A. The significance of whether or not the vaccine is live
15. History of development of the vaccine
16. Known side-effects of the vaccine and rate of incidence of those side-effects
17. Possible side-effects not yet acknowledged by the vaccine maker
18. Relevant research into the vaccine
19. How effective is the vaccine at preventing the disease?
20.What is the vaccine meant to do? (Many vaccines are not meant to prevent infection or transmission).
21.Number of cases reported each year.
22.Number of deaths reported each year from the vaccine and natural disease.

Here are some sources to help you out:

Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices 1/18 DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html (download the current issue)
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/pink-chapters.htm
http://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/PackageInserts.pdf
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7018835240451107552&q=
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6351515212287981735&hl=en
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/G/cases&deaths.pdf

Health Sentinel Graphs

WHO GRAPH

Vaccine Injury Table

Beyond Conformity Resources Page

Do you have a quick-fire summary?

Inside Vaccines

antivaccinemom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Here's my 1-2 punch with people. Show them the efficacy of said vaccine. If proved ineffective, safety and necessity are moot! If a vaccine is 50% effective for example and they're still interested in vaxing, then back it up with information of said treatment of "disease", like measles needs Vitamin A and is usually only found in someone who is Vitamin A deficient. If they still are afraid of the disease more than the vaccine, then show them the safety problems of said vaccine. This should show them that A) vaccines are ineffective, B) these diseases are highly treatable, and C) vaccines cause many, many side effects and disrupt the immune system balance for life-sometimes minor, sometimes major and can cause death--just like the disease!

To me, it's simple. EVERY side effect possible from an illness can also be caused by the VACCINE, so NO vaccine is EVER necessary. You can treat an illness but not a vaccine injury. Why take the chance with vaxing?

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM

The first two post hit the nail on the head, but I will say that I have shared info with family (this past year actually) two of them just had babies and still even after everything I told them, they decided to vax right on schedule.  I would pass that info on to your sis and then don't stress about it, it's all you can do.

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziebeinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmdeducated.gif Educated people question image by shadowkitty0602
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnsahm.gif sahm image by bubblegum109

StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM

the extreme lack of safety testing. That made me ask more and more and more questions.

And then I got outraged.

I thought Robert F Kennedy Jr.'s report summed it up.. It really defined the inner workings of the Pharma companies for me. They are not guardian angels, but merely Snake Oil Men with degrees in chemistry..

We are our children's best advocate. Tell her to trust her instincts. That she can get a waiver, a small pain in the butt, but it will buy her time.. :) and she won't feel pressured.

An epidemic of chronic disease and disability is plaguing America.

Our children are the most highly vaccinated children in the world and they are among the most chronically ill and disabled.

Today, the Centers for Disease Control admits that 1 child in 6 in America is developmentally delayed.

During the past quarter century, the number of children with learning disabilities, ADHD, asthma and diabetes has more than tripled.

During the past quarter century, the number of doses of vaccines that pediatricians give babies and children under age 6 has more than doubled.

More than twice as many children have chronic brain and immune system dysfunction today than did in the 1970’s when half as many vaccines were given to children.

We need to ask why.

Loa1002
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Sometimes I just talk basics to people that do not know a lot. The ingredients in the vaccines are scary enough IMO.

Here are 2 sites and one is the ever wonderful *eye roll* CDA

http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/

From the CDC web site:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf

kd.
by Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM

- In 1871-2, England, with 98% of the population aged between 2 and 50 vaccinated against smallpox, it experienced its worst ever smallpox outbreak with 45,000 deaths. During the same period in Germany, with a vaccination rate of 96%, there were over 125,000 deaths from smallpox. ( The Hadwen Documents)

- In Germany, compulsory mass vaccination against diphtheria commenced in 1940 and by 1945 diphtheria cases were up from 40,000 to 250,000. (Don't Get Stuck, Hannah Allen)

- In the USA in 1960, two virologists discovered that both polio vaccines were contaminated with the SV 40 virus which causes cancer in animals as well as changes in human cell tissue cultures. Millions of children had been injected with these vaccines. (Med Jnl of Australia 17/3/1973 p555)

- In 1967, Ghana was declared measles free by the World Health Organisation after 96% of its population was vaccinated. In 1972, Ghana experienced one of its worst measles outbreaks with its highest ever mortality rate. (Dr H Albonico, MMR Vaccine Campaign in Switzerland, March 1990)

- In the UK between 1970 and 1990, over 200,000 cases of whooping cough occurred in fully vaccinated children. (Community Disease Surveillance Centre, UK)

- In the 1970's a tuberculosis vaccine trial in India involving 260,000 people revealed that more cases of TB occurred in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. (The Lancet 12/1/80 p73)

- In 1977, Dr Jonas Salk who developed the first polio vaccine, testified along with other scientists, that mass inoculation against polio was the cause of most polio cases throughout the USA since 1961. (Science 4/4/77 "Abstracts" )

- In 1978, a survey of 30 States in the US revealed that more than half of the children who contracted measles had been adequately vaccinated. (The People's Doctor, Dr R Mendelsohn)

- In 1979, Sweden abandoned the whooping cough vaccine due to its ineffectiveness. Out of 5,140 cases in 1978, it was found that 84% had been vaccinated three times! (BMJ 283:696-697, 1981)

-The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.

- In the USA, the cost of a single DPT shot had risen from 11 cents in 1982 to $11.40 in 1987. The manufacturers of the vaccine were putting aside $8 per shot to cover legal costs and damages they were paying out to parents of brain damaged children and children who died after vaccination. (The Vine, Issue 7, January 1994, Nambour, Qld)

- In Oman between 1988 and 1989, a polio outbreak occurred amongst thousands of fully vaccinated children. The region with the highest attack rate had the highest vaccine coverage. The region with the lowest attack rate had the lowest vaccine coverage. (The Lancet, 21/9/91)

- In 1990, a UK survey involving 598 doctors revealed that over 50% of them refused to have the Hepatitis B vaccine despite belonging to the high risk group urged to be vaccinated. (British Med Jnl, 27/1/1990)

- In 1990, the Journal of the American Medical Association had an article on measles which stated " Although more than 95% of school-aged children in the US are vaccinated against measles, large measles outbreaks continue to occur in schools and most cases in this setting occur among previously vaccinated children." (JAMA, 21/11/90)

- In the USA, from July 1990 to November 1993, the US Food and Drug Administration counted a total of 54,072 adverse reactions following vaccination. The FDA admitted that this number represented only 10% of the real total, because most doctors were refusing to report vaccine injuries. In other words, adverse reactions for this period exceeded half a million! (National Vaccine Information Centre, March 2, 1994)

- In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)