• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do I report a vaccine mistake to?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 401 Total Views

This is a really long story, but the bottom line is my 7 month old son's vaccine records were not recorded correctly on 2 different dates.  We choose to follow an alternative schedule, and sooo stupid me did not keep track myself (the office didn't give us a record book, said it was done on the computer). Anyway, the doctor informed us the nurse didn't record what was given 2 different visits.  We have since switched doctors.  I've gone through every emotion, starting with rage, but my new ped.  is catching him up and eleminating what isn't needed based on what we know was given.  I had the old doctor document exactly what happened  and sign it- God forbid something was to happen to my baby in the future.  So... I want to report this nurse and the practice to ensure it doesn't happen again to someone else, but I am not sure who to contact.  Can anyone help me out?

Has this happened to anyone else?  Advice?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Terri441
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I can't think of who you would report that to with the exception of the nurses employer.
I'm sorry you're having a headache with this. We don't vaccinate at all so I have no experience with what you're talking about but, where did you come up with your alternative schedule? That is, from that could you determine what he had? Or could you ask for titre tests for him to check his blood for antibodies telling you what he has been exposed to (though that's needle sticks for blood tests).

What do you mean by God forbid something was to happen to him in the future? like double dosing?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just not sure where you should go from there if you want to keep vaccinating and are unsure of what he's had. What's your current docs suggestion?

CMHmommy
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

What schedule are you catching up to? Your delay/alternative schedule or regular schedule?

YannysMummy
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

VAERS take reports of vaccine mistakes.

Terri441
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting YannysMummy:

VAERS take reports of vaccine mistakes.

I was wondering about that, would that include mistakes in documentation?

YannysMummy
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM

I have read VAERS reports that say 2 vaccines given by mistake or vaccine drawn up the wrong way etc so I don't see why you couldn't report this and include the doctors names.

milliemoo
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM

your insurance company for sure.  They will notify the doctor of that you have made a report. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)