Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rash on my 2 year old

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 778 Total Views

I have an appointment w/ our pediatrician in an hour, but I wanted to ask you ladies if anyone knows by these photos what this rash could be.  It is getting worse in the last few days, though she has had it over a week now.  It gets better when I put coconut oil, tea tree and lavender mixture on it, but it comes back a bit worse every time.  So that is why I am getting an opinion from our ped.  Anyone have any idea?  thanks!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ardiaxe
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM

This looks like an allergic reaction to something, or even a heat rash, what did the Dr. say?

-tanya-
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM

my son has something similiar. it is more dry, like an eczema. It comes and goes. will be looking back at this post to see what others think.

girlintheflock
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Ya, so the doctor said it was an allergic reaction to something and prescribed us a light steroid cream to put on it....which i'm of course not going to use unless i absoluetly have to.  the rash almost covers her entire body so i would have to slather that stuff all over her.  but the coconut oil mixture seems to give her relief from the itching so i will keep that up until i can find the trigger.  anyone have ideas??  thanks!!

Neaner
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I guess if it's an allergic reaction that's the starting place, what laundry detergent do you use(since it's all over her body) I think that would be a really good place to start!? Maybe look at foods and cut out dairy to start.. and then work from there.. My son was getting these same bumps on him, and it seemed more heat rash so I'd bath him often and put powder on him so he wouldn't sweat as much, but I did switch my detergents just to be sure. I never went to the doctors for it because it wasn't severe just under his pits and on his elbows little bit on his chest and groin area(which placement why I thought it was more heat rash) We'd just moved to Fl hot area and so the powdering and bathing/water hose after playing out int the sand seemed to do the trick! I'd say keep up with the treatment your doing now and just weed out what's causing the reaction!! good luck!! also maybe if it is an allergic reaction it wouldn't hurt to boost her immune system a little with vit C/ Zinc/ Echinacea! work from inside out too. hope you guys are able to figure it out!!

girlintheflock
by Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM

i live in florida too, and thought maybe heat rash as well.  i just rewashed all her clothes in the mildest detergent i could find and i'm hoping that helps, tho its not on her private areas and to be honest, the child never wears clothes, lol.  so if it was the detergent i would imagine it would be mostly where her panties are because that is usually all she is running around in. :)  and she is on a multivitamin and probiotics and omega 3, right now.  i upped her probiotic, in case it was candida yeast coming out, so we will just have to see.  thanks for the advice and support!!  xo

ardiaxe
by Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM

If she was playing outside, it could be a plant that touched her skin and caused this reaction.  This looks like contact dermatitis.  Be sure she is wearing 100% cotton at this time to allow her skin to breathe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)