Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she told me to read "autism's false prophets"

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 569 Total Views

my pedi told me this tues when I took DD in for a checkup....I think I need a new dr because of all the crap she badgered me with at her appt on tues.

Then she handed me a video from the Children's Hospital of Philedelphia.

Seriously?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bingbong
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:13 AM

yeah, I would switch.

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Stop by and hand her your information.

This is the EXACT reason that I am armed with printed, well organized research before I go to the DR.

I figure if they want to hand me information and give me a hard time then I can do the same.  The door swings both ways.

chocolat-smiles
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM

BUMP!

Kimosabe
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Yesterday I came across an archived "news" piece about the importance of vaccinating your child and the "Doctor" on there was from the Children's Hospital in Phile. Everything this woman said was designed to scare you into getting vaccines, esp the MMR. She lied many times and said there is no evidence of a link between vaccines and Autism. I just had to laugh at everything she said because it was total BS. She kept on bringing up Measels outbreaks. BLah, blah, blah, And the newswoman said there was a case of a child contracting TB. Children are not given vaccines for TB. 

Ashmom614
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Im thinking about switching to another dr I really like in the same practice hwo never pressures me about my decision not to vaccinate.

cristinaberger
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM

A doctor is a fairly intelligent person, wouldn't you agree? And it gets me how they have time to read "autism's false prophets" but don't have time to read the "vaccine book" or Sherry Tenpenny or Andrew Moulden etc.

I also don't understand how they refuse to recognize when a study or an argument is flawed or when the writer has obvious monetary interests.

I am loosing respect here.

Stefania512
by Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Quoting MamaCass:

This is the EXACT reason that I am armed with printed, well organized research before I go to the DR.

I figure if they want to hand me information and give me a hard time then I can do the same.  The door swings both ways.

i would love to know what info you come prepared with seeing that my son's 2 month visit is coming up and i know for a fact there is going to be an issue

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Just make a word document print out that gives a summary of the Polio vaccine history, smallpox (just because that is the one they say was wiped out by vaccination), the DTAP only being 44% effective, and  the studies that show breastfeeding give more protection against HIB than the vaccine does.  Adding a little tid bit about how the recent outbreaks of measles and mumps was in fully vaccinated children wouldn't hurt either.

insidevaccines.com is really good for that.

Quoting Stefania512:

Quoting MamaCass:

i would love to know what info you come prepared with seeing that my son's 2 month visit is coming up and i know for a fact there is going to be an issue

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM

There is a difference between educated and intelligent...

Quoting cristinaberger:

A doctor is a fairly intelligent person, wouldn't you agree? And it gets me how they have time to read "autism's false prophets" but don't have time to read the "vaccine book" or Sherry Tenpenny or Andrew Moulden etc.

I also don't understand how they refuse to recognize when a study or an argument is flawed or when the writer has obvious monetary interests.

I am loosing respect here.

ablackdolphin
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 5:46 PM

So glad that my pedi "gets" that it's a parent's choice & repsonsiblity to do what is right for their own child.  I hate that doctors think they always know best...they don't...they know what they were trained to know...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)