• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If there was one book about vaccines you'd recommend, which one would it be?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

If there was one book about vaccines you'd recommend, which one would it be? There are so many out there and mixed reviews on all of them! Help!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3CsMama
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM

"How To Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor" by Robert Mendohlson,MD.  Not only does it have a lot of info on vaccines,but also plenty of good ,solid info on keeping kids healthy!

bingbong
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I really 'Vaccination - a thoughtful parents guide' by Aviva Jill Romm

and Vaccine Safety manual by Neil Z miller

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM

The latest book by Dr. Mayer Eisenstein or the latest one by Dr. SHerri Tenpenny.  ;)

I love those two doctors.  It is hard to choose just one.  ;)

go to homefirst.com and watch some of the webinars too.  THat really helped me.

Huntersmom209
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Informational - Stephanie Cave "What your Dr. May not tell you about Childhood VAccinations" Very informational but still not all dr lingo. .. 

For a tear jerker but still on topic -  Louder Than Words, Jenny McCarthy. . .I had to keep flipping to the cover to make sure he was still okay 

milliemoo
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:52 AM

The Dr. Sears book is my bible.  I refer to it whenever I have a question about a disease or vaccine.  

PhilsBabyMama
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I like the Vaccine Book by Dr.Sears.  He is pro-vaccine, but writes without a bias.  Reading that book made me more confident about my choices (not to vaccinate at all), especially since I knew it wasn't just an "anti vaccine" book.  He talks about each disease, the likelihood of contracting it, the likelihood of it being problematic, each vaccine, the ingredients, the risks, etc. 

antivaccinemom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hands down.....Neil Z. Miller's, "Vaccination Safety Manual for Concerned Parents and Healthcare Professionals".

ONLY medically referenced, extensively researched, over 500 pages of charts, statistics, quotes from Doctors, and set up in a question/answer style with chapters listed by disease. Even has info. on yellow fever, japanese encephalitis, etc. Things that there are vaccines for in other countries in case you wanted to travel and needed the facts when making a decision to vax for those.

I found it to be the most reliable, medically referenced, easy to read, and easy to reference (if you have a specific question) book out there...and I've read a ton!

This is THE book that I give to every pregnant mom I know or mom with young children!!! Other books have a slant or go into too much rhetoric, this book is just the facts. If you have this book, you need NO other.

Kari78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I haven't read this one, but I do have *Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective?* by the same author.  It's very short and concise...it doesn't give an excessive amount of info, just the most important points I guess.  If I wanted to give a book to someone who was somewhat interested in the subject but so far uninformed and I didn't want to overwhelm them with too much info at once (esp. if they weren't the type to read much), that would probably be it.  But there are so many good ones out there...hard question!!  Randall Neustaedter's *Vaccine Guide* is also good...sounds similar to Dr. Sears' (which I haven't read).

Quoting antivaccinemom:

Hands down.....Neil Z. Miller's, "Vaccination Safety Manual for Concerned Parents and Healthcare Professionals".

ONLY medically referenced, extensively researched, over 500 pages of charts, statistics, quotes from Doctors, and set up in a question/answer style with chapters listed by disease. Even has info. on yellow fever, japanese encephalitis, etc. Things that there are vaccines for in other countries in case you wanted to travel and needed the facts when making a decision to vax for those.

I found it to be the most reliable, medically referenced, easy to read, and easy to reference (if you have a specific question) book out there...and I've read a ton!

This is THE book that I give to every pregnant mom I know or mom with young children!!! Other books have a slant or go into too much rhetoric, this book is just the facts. If you have this book, you need NO other.

rabbit4
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM

dr. sherri tenpenny.  i would say her dvd (vaccines:what cdc documents and science reveal) but i guess since it is from 2003 it may be viewed as outdated information by some.  so maybe her latest book (Saying no to vaccines).  i haven't seen her latest dvd yet.  i like how she uses CDC documents to prove her own points.

KadynsMommy806
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Thanx ladies! Looking for a book for myself and for a friend!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)