Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Piece I wrote and posted on Facebook about Meningitis Vaccine-Please read.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:12 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 584 Total Views

On the June 2010 cover of New Zealand's North and South magazine is a photograph of a 6 year old girl who has had all her limbs amputated. The headline reads “The Case for Vaccination”. She is reported as having suffered from Meningicoccal B bacteria as a 6 month old baby leading to all her limbs being surgically removed. 

In New Zealand in July 2004 a new vaccine was made available by the government for Meningococcal B and was called MeNZB to be given at 6 weeks, 3 months and 5 months with a booster at 10 months added to the vaccine schedule at a later date. According to the magazine article had the vaccine been available just weeks sooner the child's limbs would have been spared. 

Baby Charlotte's fate was headline news then, in 2004, and the story is still resonating today. The child is a bona fide poster child for the pro-vaccine argument. An open and shut case proving the important role vaccination has in our society, to protect our children from unnecessary harm. But is it all it seems to be? The answer is no, there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. Especially stories presented in the mainstream media.

Upon further investigation I was able to come up with lots more information. Here are some links to help explain away the other side to this story....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JiUwkrTNk 

If you watch all 5 videos in this documentary you learn the sordid history of this vaccine. You learn there is significant doubt as to the efficacy of the vaccine, which explains why a 3rd booster was added later in the vaccines' shot schedule. And you meet some adults who were permanently disabled from this vaccine as young adults.

Here is an interesting web page posted shortly after the vaccine program started in New Zealand. 
http://www.communicationagents.com/sepp/2004/10/18/new_zealand_meningococcal_vaccine_campaign_facts_disregarded_risk_expert.htm 

It brings up some very important questions regarding the vaccines safety, most of which came to fruition after the fact. 
Below are some links for the promotion of North & South's June 2010 issue.
http://health.msn.co.nz/pregnancy/parenthood/1054243/to-jab-or-not-to-jab-the-case-for-vaccination 
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE1005/S00067.htm 

“Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman had all her limbs amputated after she contracted meningitis during a nationwide epidemic when she was only six months old. "Baby Charlotte", as she was known throughout the country during her desperate fight to survive, is now six and at primary school on Waiheke Island. She had missed out on the meningococcal B immunisation programme by just a few weeks.”
With reports revealing New Zealand has the second lowest immunisation rate in the OECD, North & South takes a stand on vaccination. Why aren't "good" parents vaccinating their children, asks deputy editor Joanna Wane - and is it putting the rest of us at risk?”
It's all in the June issue of North & South on magazine stands from Monday 17 May. 

Below is an example of the fallout from the magazine article on the New Zealand web page for parents called “Treasures”, a company which sells disposable diapers and has it's own monthly magazine. 
http://www.treasures.co.nz/Community/Forum/Room/Topic/?topicId=36514&p=1 

I am taking the time to present this information to everyone I can in this way because this vaccine was one I would have potentially given my first born daughter, born Oct 2007, if I had decided to vaccinate her. Fortunately, as I counted down the months while pregnant with her, I spent countless hours researching vaccines. This research led to me ultimately deciding against all vaccines. 

This subject hits close to home with me because in 2008 this vaccine was taken off the vaccine schedule by the New Zealand government. Whatever the real reasons it was discontinued I am sure we will never know but I am willing to bet that they cannot and will not ever be disclosed publicly by the government.

Please use this instance as an example as to why you must question what you are being told about vaccines, and every other aspect of our health. You need to be your own advocate for you and your children's health. Research each VAD, the ingredients and “side” effects that go with each and every vaccine your children are injected with before they are injected, not in the Doctor's office minutes prior. 

www.vaclib.org

The above website is an invaluable tool which has an archive of dozens of actual vaccine package inserts for you to view at home. Use it.

www.youtube.com
This documentary exposes serious concerns about the safety and effectiveness of New Zealand's MeNZB parent vaccine. Contrary to recent media reports the documentary is not about ME. The documentary is about a journalist who promoted the original trials of the Norwegian meningococcal vaccine. R...
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
antivaccinemom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Hey Kim! I HATE how they spin stories like this, "if he had only had the vaccine, he'd by fine". Such lies!!! Efficacy is questionable at best and NOT a guarantee against some supposed virus PLUS they omit what damage the vaccine could do!

I could develop lyphadema from a hangnail and die but you don't hear anyone pushing cuticle nippers....

Proud of that journalist, another person who has a mind and likes to actually USE it!

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Hiliary Butler talks about this girl and the campaign in her last book.

bingbong
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I remember seeing 'the vaccine experiment' a few months back. The militant pro vaxxers just don't get and I don't think ever will. They don't think about the children harmed and destroyed in the vaccine trials and just after regular doctor visits. To them, those kids are just statistics. a sacrifice for the "greater good".  But if a child dies or is harmed by a disease even though he's been vaccinated, ThAT is a true tragedy, that child's death or injury becomes plastered all over the media. The silent death of a vaccine injured child is swept under the rug as a 'coincidence'. When it's that death that could've truly been prevented. Vaccination is a religion. You can bring all the facts you want and they'll just shove their fingers in their ears and scream La la la!!

Kimosabe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Hey Antivaccine mom. I wrote this last night. I reedited it just now. This has been bugging me since the magazine came out and I wanted to do something, but I have no time. So I threw this together. I thought it was really interesting how, if you watch the video, how much we are lied to. This is not pro vaccine. You need to read a few paragraphs down to get the real story. 

Anyways, I hope you are going well with your pregnancy. Catch you on facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)