Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow..my doctor said this!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 599 Total Views

I told him I wanted to look into the vaccines before vaccinating my 2 month old (But I am not vaccinating him with most vaccines..not sure if I will at all)..anyway I told him I would be delaying and possbily not vaccinating at all.  His response?  Not typical of a doctor!  He said that it was good i was doing research and that I know my child best. He said that most diseases they vaccinate for are pretty much erradicated and most kids get pox anyhow with no complications. The only one he recommended was the pertussis, because they are having an outbreak in california right now.

I will think about it but I was totally shocked a pediatrician who gives vaccines every day was fine with my decision and agreed with some of it! Wow.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gal51
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM

My doc responded reasonably well too.

Mom2brenn
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Congrats. Sure does make things easier

MamaCass
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I had a WONDERFUL doc appt today too!  :)

She actually listened to me and didn't push the shots.  I was so happy.  Braeden hasn't been to a Dr in a long time because I have had some horrible experiences in the past.

Xia
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Rare, but awesome!

Apr1l
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Good for u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle_Nicole
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Thats good.My doctor argued with me.

KamJade1330
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Good! Our doctor did okay with it. She told us she vaxs her kids, but will respect that we don't.
It's nice to feel that you & your ped can be on the same page...what's best for your child!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
antivaccinemom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I think that a great many doctors are becoming enlightened like a great number of parents! At least that's what I'm praying for!!!

Jessmomto2
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM

That's great.  Our back-up Dr is that way.  And even our primary will do what i want even if he doesn't like it.

Kenre
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Monkey's doctor when we first looked into vaccines and decided against them told us the same thing.

Now I have a vaccine nazi for a doctor... He can push all he wants. It's not changing my view.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)