Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Vaccine Research Book got published!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:03 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 461 Total Views

Ok, so my husband helped...it's nice to have a publisher in the family.  :)

I wrote this a year ago.  We never did get around to publishing it, but recently we re-edited it and published it.  It's called "Parents' Guide to Vaccine Research."  It lays out the components of the CDC recommended schedule in an easy to read format, and parents can record what they learn right in the book...making it easy to take your research to discuss with your doctor. It has suggested topics of research, such as how each disease is contracted, what the symptoms are, and how it's treated.

It also has state-by-state exemption information, as well as explanation of how vaccine exemptions work.  It's not at all written from a pro or anti-vaccine point of view; it is completely informational and encourages parents to rely on their own research rather than public perception.

I think it would make a wonderful baby shower gift myself.  :)

Thanks for letting me share.  Here's my book...it should be on Amazon soon as well.

Parents' Guide to Vaccine Research

Kellie

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Yay thats great I need a new copy:) since how the one i did have is with a friend of mine

KellieNVIC
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:13 AM

You can order through the link I provided...paypal is accepted.  It's only $9.99 +shipping. :)

Tell your friends!  We're just getting this thing started; I'd really love for it to be successful.

ladysavage
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Well done!

Terri441
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Way to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellieNVIC
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Thanks everyone!  Please keep our book in mind for baby shower gifts and such.  We hope it really serves a purpose in helping people research the issue further.  :)

Jennacat
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Just bought it!!!!

Thanks, Jenna

lorililly
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM

i want a copy :)

MountainMidwife
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Wonderful, thanks for publishing this!

Neaner
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I shared it on facebook, I have a lot of friends new mommies who are trying to sift through all the research and appreciate any tools to help them! thanks for helping out and congrats on getting published!

KellieNVIC
by Member on Sep. 7, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Thanks so much to everyone who has either purchased my book, and/or shared it!  I so much appreciate it.  I really believe it will be helpful to parents who are overwhelmed at the thought of researching, and obtaining a base of knowledge for all the diseases/vaccines is the key to overcoming this anxiety.  

:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)